1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ya Gotta Love FedEx

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I once saw a Fed-Ex truck in Pennsylvania!........Uncle Sam, Pa.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Uncle Sam on this board is some 36 year old hunchback with a runny nose; but he is almost funny. I know who that character is, I think. If it's who I think it is, he is the autistic one down at the voc-ed center. He is obscessed with his portable PII Dell and is often seen clapping his hands and typing madly at the Starbucks when his voc-ed center (of Bell Gardens, California) takes his class on a field trip.

I also saw him once in South Gate. He was carrying a box of Kleenex.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

These shipping threads are pretty humerous when you consider there are millions of packages delivered every day without a hitch. Somewhere along the line humans can and do still make mistakes. I guess the ones on Trapshooters are all perfect. If you don't like FedEx or Ups or the postal service maybe hand delivery would be your best bet. Then you only have yourself to blame for a mistake. Oh thats right i already forgot you would never make a mistake. This is not just aimed at you DB but these get really old when you spent 26 years in the shipping industry and know how everything has to go perfect everytime to keep people happy. That is simply not reality.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

No,,,,but when they make a mistake,,,,you usually get your money back,,,,barring circumstances outside of their control,,,,ice storms etc.

5. pdq

pdq Member

I like FedEx -- years of good experience. Can't say the same for UPS.

Pete

6. steele

steele TS Member

I literally ship thousands of UPS packages yearly from my shop, all over the country. I only had one glich this past year. The package was sent COD & the UPS guy didn't collect it. The customer refused to pay when UPS contacted him. so UPS sent me a check.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I once saw a ups truck in Illinois......it was brown.

couldn't help it!! lol

tony

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

FEDEX's hub concept in Memphis, has been adopted by UPS. UPS has a huge hub facility in Louisville, KY.

In case any of you aren't familiar with the FEDEX concept -

Fred Smith used the FEDEX concept on his master's thesis in college. The professor gave him a low grade on the paper. Mr. Smith was so sure of his concept, that he took $4 million of an inheritance, plus securing $80 million from venture capitalists, and made the idea work.

Many years ago, I got to tour the facility in Memphis, and it's truly amazing.

Best,
    Dennis

10. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

fred's concept bribe someone in washington to get his transportation company classified as an "airline" so he could block unionization pay his employees 20% less and underbid the competition.

11. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Since most airlies are unionized, mosby's post makes no sense!!!!!!!!!!!

12. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

it sure doesnt!

because they are an "airline" they fall under the railway labor act; rather than national labor act. this makes unionizing much more difficult.

13. JWS

JWS Member

The unions have outlived their usefullness in industry. I used to work for Allis Chalmers years ago when they were in business,but in 1984 they went bankrupt. Since I was a union representative in the AFL/CIO Steelworkers I was on the inside of all negotiations and I am here to tell you, this is the reason Allis Chalmers went bankrupt. I'm here to tell you again, that this is the reason that GM, Chrysler, and Ford are either going to go bankrupt or you, as taxpayers, are going to support these union workers, who are making more money than they are entitled to, for little or no work. Anytime you have an employee who is layed off for 4 years and is still drawing 95% of his pay for no work, you have the union to thank for that and a company that is to stupid to wake up, thinking that this will keep them competitive.
    James Stewart the Shotmaker

14. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

>>Don't you just love it when someone turns a thread into a completely different direction?

we are just saying fed-ex is the wallmart of the shipping industry. they pay their employees far less (in the case of fed-ex ground WAY less), and then under price the competition.

some people shop wallmart some do not; its up to you.

15. capvan

capvan Active Member

I worked for FedEx Ground for about a year. Smashed shoulder on an icy driveway ended that job. What people often don't realize is that FedEx ground is made up of independent contractors. I owned the truck, paid for fuel, repairs, tires, etc. Not really a bad deal until something happens. And you get money, that's $$, taken out of your weekly settlement (pay) for packages you don't deliver. And if someone denies receiving their package (lots of times we just couldn't afford the fuel to make 3 delivery attempts) the DRIVER had to pay for it. I wish I knew where that case of elementary school textbooks went that I left outside the Principals's office door. Building was open, but no one around (summer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.