1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Y all the cops at the Grand? I just found out

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I just found out why they had so meany cops at the Grand. They are going to do the samething in Ill as they are suppose to do in OR. They are going to start taking names, addresses, number off guns and get your SS# and so on when you go and shoot at any clubs in Ill. It was a scouting the first year to see if they can and how to do it. They now think they can so watch out everyone. Next time they will be going after your guns.

2. gold40

gold40 Member

UNRULY

Do you think you might be a bit paranoid on this topic?

The Illinois State Police were very pleasant and helpful at SPARTA last year. I hope they will be present again this year. Remember there were many new roads and drivers that might have otherwise gotten lost.

Lighten Up!!!

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

That was quite a poorly conceived post.

Pat Ireland

4. trench12

trench12 TS Member

could that post be a day early?????

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But.... the part about registering gunowners and their guns when they visit a gun range in Oregon happens to be true.<br>
    <br>
    There is a bill in the Oregon legislature that would require gun ranges to keep a log of all visitors (including members), their addresses, DOB, the guns they brought, serial numbers, and calibers.

6. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I second that !

7. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I talked to some of the officers at the Grand and they are at all big events, like the state fair. One officer said he liked it better than the state fair, because of no drunks and no horses. He also told me about having trouble at the fair with a women trying to park her horse trailer in a fire lane, about the third time he caught her , she said you don't understand about horses. He told her the only thing he knew about horses, was they taste bad. You would have thought he was trying to eat her first born. John

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

as a whole most LE are very pleasant and supportive of gun ownership,,,,,the only problem is they are for the most part run by politicans to one extant or another,,,and what the boss says goes,,,,agree or not,,,just following orders

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Sorry if some of you dislike what I said but the truth hurts don't it. Would you rather be ready for it or have it slap you in the face. They are not getting a thing from me.

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Unruly

It seems like a few others are a day early on some of the threads made today and last night.

Well I will let you know if I make it back across the big river tomorrow evening because I will be shooting in IL.

Foghorn

11. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Unruly, I'll bet you didn't know you are a member of a very ELITE group. Every chance I had I would stop and talk to the big bad police at the Grand. As a whole the group were extremely nice and loved to visit. They said this was a great duty for them as they were watching history in the making and also this was a very special group of ELITE people that were shooting some of the finest shotguns in the world. The one officer told me he heard the avg. price of each gun was $30,000. They were very proud that they had prevented the Theft of 3 guns and had actually ran one of the thiefs down in the parking lot as he ran with the loot. But then again maybe you weren't at the Grand so you may not be one of the ELITE shooters that attended the First Grand. Glenn

12. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I guess I either am Dumb or have lost all sence of being. I was a cop for about 5 years when I lived in Ill. I was glad that the people were loaded. Meaning having weapons. Or armed. One time an officer needed help and I don't mean waiting for back up when an armed person jumped in and helped the officer catch the bad guy. I think if anyone of ya would ask any of your local officers weather they be County Deputies, City Officers or State Police you would get any different answer from them. Just ask them about people having and owing arms. Yes, I would emagin there would be that 1 perscent that would say no. But the majority would say as long as they were legal and such. Rich. (inPeoria, Az.) P.S. Many Officers and Deputies have probably a bigger cash of weapons than most of the average people do. And I don't mean fully autoed weapons either. Most of us did have!

13. Rich's Mom

Rich's Mom TS Member

""There is a bill in the Oregon legislature that would require gun ranges to keep a log of all visitors (including members), their addresses, DOB, the guns they brought, serial numbers, and calibers. """

Brian, would that not be the same as the state requiring gun registration? What is being done about this bill? Is there any group of shooters or organization lobbying against it?

Just curious....

14. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I think alot of you are scared that I'm right and you should be.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    OK, a couple of points here....<br>
    <br>
    First, while it's true that the state police have their hands full and are undermanned, all it's going to take is to make one or two examples and slap civil or criminal penalties on a club or its officers, and try to shut them down. The rest will fall in line. That's how gun prohibitions work anyway, make a couple of examples.<br>
    <br>
    As for this bill being defacto registration, you're on the right page. We ALREADY have gun registration by the state police of all transfers going through a 4473. The state police unlawfully collected this information in the past. The John McCain came here and helped push through a gunshow loophole initiative that also authorized this ad hoc registry. (And that's why many gunowners in Oregon will NEVER vote for Mccain.)<br>
    <br>
    But this registry does not record guns that were owned previously to the ad hoc registry, nor those being transferred now that don't go through an FFL.<br>
    <br>
    It should be obvious that these records will be another grab at personal information. Nothing will be done at first, just record and collect information.<br>
    <br>
    One day, the anti-gunners WILL make another grab at semi-autos and other guns. These lists could be seized, and used as round up sheets for the confiscation of banned firearms.<br>
    <br>
    Someone has studied the estimated 90% non-compliance of gun registration in California, and figures this is one way to get around it.

16. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Pat,

You almost had it right.

I think you meant to say that unruly was poorly conceived!

Makes sense to me!

ed.

17. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Unruly,

Please post your name and identify your verifiable source of this information, otherwise STFU.

Bob Skove

18. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

skeet2day;

"I you have nothing positive to contribute...try not contributing anything...we would all appreciate your efforts."

Not a bad policy, perhaps one you should adhere to. FD

19. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Here's a possible explanation : a master cast, the bait fairly hit the water and was taken. Big bites, lots of action. Reset the hook at least once.

We'd better round up the usual suspects. Tron where are you?

Mike

20. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I would like to say this about Ill. I was born there, I lived ther over 30 years. Then had to move to the Phoenix area. I lived on the west side of the state across the Miss. from Davenport Ia. The most Northwestern part down the western side to central all the way down to the southern most of the state was all called down state. The Chicago area was called up state Ill. The rest of the state mentioned was all called down state. We could when we really had to scrape up enough votes to shut the mouthts of Chicago Land. But that was not to often. Most voters in the known down state area many didn't vote. I don't understand how they are letting Chicago land dictate as to there weapons laws. The only two things Chicago got in when I and my wife lived there was the 24 hour waiting period after purchasing a weapon and the registering as a gun owner. There were other things that were seemed to be more important to the Chicago land people but they were not abuot to get them legalized by law. They wanted each gun owner to have there picture taken and placed on the gun owners registration card. They didn't get it. One of the other things I do remember was basicly the same law that N.Y. had gotten in and that was to have the gun taken to the range and left in a purchased or rented locker. And that shooting off the range was forbidden. The Game and fish department got into this one. Because if it had passd there would not have been any hunting licenses issued to anyone. For any kind of hunt. This would have been the loss of revinue for the state. Chicago Land didn't even want the Game and Fish department so on the next election they made an attempt to get a bill passed to have this placed on the ballot. Didn't make it at all. Neither did the Range idea either. Rich. (inPeoria,Az.) P.S. When getting the downstaters to motivate they can move that Chicago Land Mountain. But getting them to move is another thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.