1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XXXTrapshooters BewareXXX

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

After years of not being able to see a target well enough to compete, my Dr. says all went well with my final eye surgery yesterday. Not much peripherial vision left in either, but enough frontal vision to go back to the concrete....so practice-practice-practice 'cause I'll be back soon!!! Look forward to seeing you there...

milt

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hope it all works out Milt

3. philk

philk Member

What did you have done Milt ?

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

13 laser sessions and one cryo for retinopathy and hemmoraging and removal of cataracts on each...one w/complications. Lost 2/3's of each retina but still have 20/20 central...so WATCH OUT!!!

:)

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Uh Oh! Here he comes. How long a barrel you got on that Beretta, Milty. 35"?

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Great news Milt. I hope it all works out like you are hoping. I look forward to seeing you shoot.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Wishing you the best Milt, will keep you in prayer! Jeff

8. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Good to hear. I'm having issues right now causing me to switch to the left. A whole new ball game! But going ok.Time and practice. Jack

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thats awesome Milt,...very happy for you that you'll be able to make smoke again!

10. rmueller

rmueller Member

I feel for you, I had the vitrectomy/scleral buckle (rubber band stitched in around the eye), laser retina reattachment on the left eye and the cryo on the right. I don't think there is anything more medieval than cryo. The 3 weeks of head straight down after the vitrectomy seemed like a picnic compared to cryo. I was at the 2011 Grand when the first retina detached, during a shoot; big black spot showed up in the lower right corner of the left eye...scariest thing every.

I lost about 15% of my right peripheral vision in the left eye. I just had the left eye cataract removed and the lens implant...having that surgery was the best spent 10 minutes of my life. Next week she does the right eye. I haven't been able to see this good for over 8 years...Before the cataract surgery, even with 20/40 - 20/50 corrected I was winning in class C; I'd just aim for the only thing moving - couldn't make out what shape it was or if I hit it...that's what the puller is for. Can't wait to try out the new hardware in the coming year.

Good luck to you.

ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.