1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

xt with monte carlo stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hehawboy, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

was wandering if they make a xt with adj comb on a monti carlo stock would like to buy one with it thanks mike

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You'll be much happier if you buy one WITHOUT the factory comb and have your favorite stocksmith cut one instead.

Ken Rucker

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The hardware on the factory adjustable combs is... well, tinker toy.

Ruck's right. Buy a MC stock and have the comb cut for decent hardware.

MK

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All the X's I've seen that had Monte Carlo stocks did not have the adjustable comb. Which is a blessing in disguise. When I bought my XT Combo I bought the Monte Carlo stock and had the adjustable comb and butt plate put on. The after market price on the adjustable comb is right at the price of Browning's factory hardware.

Bill

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I know everyone complains about the factory adj. hardware, and it is Chinese looking. But I've never had any problems with them?

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I have one XT that had the OEM hardware, and with the comb adjusted extreme right and up 1/8" I couldn't make the adjuster tight enough to hold the comb in place; it kept dropping. I made some spacers out of nylon bushings but eventually had the OEM hardware removed and replaced with more reliable gear.

MK

7. willing

willing Member

Try a XT /MC stock. I have one and I can't get below about 70/30 POI. You may want something lower depenging on game.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.