1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT Under Single Barrel Weight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cookoff, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookoff

cookoff TS Member

Wanting to add a little weight in a Browning XT under/single barrrel. Want to place the weight in the tube above the lower barrel that has the slotted plug. Has anyone done this successfully. My attempts have been less than acceptable with movement in the weight. The resulting clunks when firing or handling forced me to remove and seek professional help. Your input appreciated. Bruce

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I use the small reducer, actually two of them, then use 20 ga wads with the petals cut. I put the wads in front of the reducers, and set it up so about 5/8" of the rear one is showing with moderate pressure on it.

Then I push it in, tighten the screw. When the wads get battered and allow the weight to move around, remove and repeat with new wads.

I guess I could use a wooden dowel and springs bought at Home Depot, but I used materials at hand.

3. cookoff

cookoff TS Member

Coach, Do you remember what brand and where you purchased? Thanks Bruce

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The 4 1/4" X 11/16" weight on Brownell's site goes in the barrel stub.

5. cookoff

cookoff TS Member

Coach, Thanks

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.