1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Larry 64, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry 64

Larry 64 TS Member

I like my XT trap but the trigger sucks. What have other done to the triggers and who can do the work. Mechanicals?

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Doug Braker is doing mine. He comes highly reccommended. He taking a lot of slop out and adjusting the pull to three and a half or four lbs. Could not shoot it worth a darn the way it came out of the factory.
    Dan

3. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I always recommend spears Gunshop for browning trigger work. However, Darral has been very sick recently and has a large backlog. If you are not in a hurry, he is the man to go to. Bob K

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Phillip Crenwelge at Phillip's Gunsmithing 210-313-5988 did a very good job on my XT. I'd recommend him. Phil E

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

From what has been posted here and from the information I get from other Browning owners, triggers apparently come in a wide variety of conditions out of the box. It must depend on who assembles them at the factory. The trigger on my 3 year old XT is crisp and tight and right on 5 pounds. I've even had a couple guys who shot the gun ask me who did the trigger. I wouldn't change anything.

Morgan

6. BMC

BMC Member

I've never checked the pull weight on mine, but it does have a bit of creep. I can't honestly say whether or not it is hard to pull or inconsistent as I usually have my mind on other things at that moment. I wouldn't mind having mine "tuned up" a bit, but I've read from others that no matter who did the work, it took several weeks and in some cases, over a month to get it done. Shoot too much for that kind of down time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.