1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT triger vs. 682 trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by droptine, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

Feb 12, 2007
    I've been looking for something for doubles in my price range and have it narrowed down to either an XT or a 682. I have had a chance to shoot both...results about the same.
    I was leaning towards the XT, but this weekend I had two people tell me to go with the 682 simply because they have a better trigger. One fellow told me that some XT's have perfectly good triggers and some have horrible "full of creep" triggers right out of the factory. The particular XT I did have a chance to shoot seemed fine.
    Just wondering if there is any truth to this. I know there are alot of these guns out there...looking for some other opinions.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    There is way more to the gun besides a trigger. 1) look at the grip style of a 682 vs a XT 2) the biggest for me was I don't want a ported gun 3) finally the balance of a Beretta vs a Browning

Phil Berkowitz
  3. exnavy81

exnavy81 TS Member

Nov 30, 2007
    The XT is missing a g, the 682 has all its g's. Sorry I just couldn't resist.
  4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Overland Park KS
    In many years of competitive skeet and trap shooting, I have experienced and witnessed all kinds of trigger problems with Beretta 682s; none with Browning Citoris, including XTs. Two friends with 682E trap guns have had several trigger related problems/breakdowns in the past 5 years - one gave up and traded for an XT combo set; the other stays with his 682E. During this time, I have had zero problems with my XTs. I am sure there are others with different experiences. Best Regards, Ed
  5. Bridger

Bridger Member

Jan 29, 1998
    You can have any trigger worked on to be improved so I wouldn't make that my criteria.
  6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Feb 10, 2008
    And yes they all can and will have problems.
  7. shootsome

shootsome Member

Mar 22, 2007
    I had a problem trapping the Browning Citori trigger. In order to get the second trigger to reset on doubles you have to release the trigger completely. If you don't, the second barrel won't fire. No matter what trigger position I used, I would trap the trigger at least twice per hundred. I checked with Browning and they said there was nothing wrong with the trigger. It was operator error. I guess I couldn't operate it and sold it. I bought a 682 and have never had a single problem trapping the trigger. The 682 trigger is much crisper, too. Your experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.