1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

xt trap unsingle by guns unlimited

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brownie20, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

tell me about it the good and bad

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The good is, these are fabulous guns for ATA trapshooting. The bad is, there is no competition and no shopping for a better price.

With this said, go ahead, bite the bullet and buy one! If you are in the Tn area, let me know. You are welcome to shoot mine. I will provide ammo. It is 32/34 and (beautiful) fixed stock. It fits me like it was made for me.

The Unsingle, set near 100%, ROARS at the 27. on the 16, it is a Martian Death Ray. My 1250 foot 1 1/8 oz Cap loads are very easy to shoot. The O/U barrels, at 80%, steamroll Dubs. I have also shot some really good Skeet scores with this rig. I like a high shooting gun for all disciplines.

After shooting a friend's, I bought this one (darn him!). After shooting it a month, I sold my K-80 Combo. The Browning simply outshot it (HUH?).

As a former Browning Gunsmith, I can easily service my Browning. I had to send the Krieghoff to Ottsville for its annuals.

3. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Coach,,I may want to send my new one to you to service instead of Browning (providing they send me a new one). Broke mine at Spanish Fork, UT, last month. I had lots of trouble with it before it want down "solid" and broke.
    Norman

4. Shooting Coach

Where are you located?

5. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Southern California,,, High Desert

6. etook

etook TS Member

i got the top single combo and i love it. I think the unsingle would be just as good.

7. Shooting Coach

The Top Single is great, out to about 24 yards. After that, it seems a little too flat. You can raise the comb, but then the O/U barrels are high as a kite.

The Unsingle rules past 24 yards. I, and most folks I shoot with, prefer a nearly 100% high gun at the back fence. Also, it is simple to add weight while maintaining balance. Handicap loads need a heavy gun. ATA shooting does not require a lot of gun movement, but precision pointing. A portly gun fills the bill on this noble sport.

8. etook

etook TS Member

yeah im at 20 yards and the top single works good from there. Does anyone know if guns unlimited just sells the barrel? if they do i might switch to the unsingle.

9. Shooting Coach

Browning (Miroku) will not sell a barrel. I would recommend to buy the gun with the barrel set you want and sell your old one. If you have SCTP at your club, your Browning will not be hard to sell.

The #2 SCTP Trap shooter in the United States shoots a Browning Topsingle combo (like a MACHINE).

10. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

What does the #1 shooter use?

11. aaastalker

aaastalker TS Member

The Browning Xt is an okay gun.

Lots of shooters have shot them back to the fence.

I had the Guns Unlimited XT combo 30"/32". Shot a few rounds thru it, and sold it not so quickly.

The more popular 32"/34" combo will sell quicker if you ever change your mind.

If your budget is not an issue ? go with the K-gun.

I experienced the XT trigger becoming very sloppy after 25 K rounds.

Browning techs at the grand were not able to take the slop out of it.

The K-gun is totally rebuildable,
    Browning, buy a new one if you ever... wear it out.

Investment wise, the K-gun will be a much better return on your dollar if you decide to ever sell the guns.

Trigger pull on the K-guns are incredible.....

Guns Unlimited ???????

Not impressed with how my deal went,
    And thats all I have to say about that...

Good Luck,

AAA

12. Troutslayer

Troutslayer TS Member

i thought my exp. with G U was good bought a gun last year (xt) let me look through over 15 or 20 new xt's until i found one with the wood i liked. no problems with the gun so far. not a combo but shoots great even beat an unsingle gun in a shootoff at the us open.

13. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

The BAD fixed rib on the O/U..............nuff said

GS

14. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Why not consider the Browning Cynergy Classic Trap Combo?

Chip

15. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I agree chip I bought one and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.