Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XT Trap Stock Defective

4K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Landshark 
#1 ·
OK, I am one of the biggest Browning advocates but have to say am very disappointed. I just bought a hardly used Citori XT Trap about three weeks ago. The gun is basically mint only a few extremely small handling marks on it. I have been shooting if for the past three weeks 350 rounds. Gun has been flawless. So today during my first round of trap I look down and there is a chunck of wood missing from the stock where it connect to the receiver. See picture. I'm a freak when it comes to keeping my guns nice. I can't even bare to look at this, it stairs me in the face very time I go to reload. Do you think this is something Browning would fix (send me a new stock)? I know I'm the second owner but this should not happen while firing a gun. Also, the browing price list to replace the stock is almost $1000. That more than half what I paid for the gun. I'm going to call them on Monday to see if anything can be done. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks....

See less See more
#5 ·
You can buy a new Citori stock from Midwest Gunworks for around $230. See

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MGWI&Category_Code=C-15-2

I don't know where you got the $1,000 price; the MWG webpage says the list price for the stock is $307.

I bought one for my Citori from MGW about six months ago, and the stock fit perfectly and looks very good.

Ted K.

#7 ·
Do you have the piece that chipped out? It can be fixed with little trouble. I had so much trouble with Browning in the past, I sold everyone I had except for my 22 pistols. Good luck dealing with them in Missouri. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
Try Midwest - they are Browning experts. The bad spot you have can be fixed with brown bedding compound from Brownells. Then you'd have to respray the entire stock and it would always 'be there' so to speak. Alternatively it can be fixed with an actual piece of walnut (cut some of the offending area away so it's square, glue a new piece on, then re-radius the new piece to match up with the contours) - and then respray. A replacement stock might be quicker, then repair this one and sell it? Or - borrow a replacement until this one fixed? A repair with wood would hardly be noticeable. As with any shotgun stock, it should be bedded to the new gun it is being fitted-to. This will go a long way to prevent such wood issues.

#13 ·
The discoloration along the edge of the break make it appear that it had a fault in it for some time previous to the actual loss of the piece. I've seen and repaired a lot of similar disasters. As stated earlier, probably the result of either improper fitting or over tightening of the stock bolt.

Ed Yanchok

#16 ·
Good luck with Browning They have the worst customer service of any one that I have ever dealt with I am sure you are p------ in the wind for them to do anything about the stock. It takes two months to do anything to a gun that is sent to them and sometimes longer

Duckeye

#20 ·
The urethane leaking into the crack says Browning should replace the stock.

If you send them the pictures with an explanation, and follow up with a phone call or seven, maybe you will do all right.

I would fix the old one if you have the piece.

Acraglas works wonders.

HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.