1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT trap gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surfside6, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

What is the difference between the XT trap gold and Guns Unlimited Golden Clays? I know the Gold has a GraCoil, but was wondering what else was different. I have a XT gold and was concidering buying the Unsingle, Golden Clays, Adjustable Comb from Guns Unlimited. thanks, Tom

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The golden clays has the Browning recoil pad, which I replaced with a Decelerator. Also, have your tube of locktite handy, as all the stock hardware will fall off, including the stock itself. You'll need to replace the 4 wood screws that hold the upper part of the adjustable comb hardware while you're putting locktite on the 2 backing nuts which will fall off, as well. Also clean the two Allen head screws with alcohol that hold the mid-point of the rib, after you're done adjusting POI, and locktite those too. These are really simple solutions to minor problems, just be aware they will require attention. The XT COMP unsingle Golden Clays is a beautiful shotgun, with it's grade 6 wood, and, for $5K and change it's value is hard to beat. good luck with it ....mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.