1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

xt trap for skeet, and sporting clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dannyw68, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

I have the exact same gun and I shoot it better in skeet that I do in trap. I do have the comb adjusted so it shoots just about flat (50/50). I actually ran 50 straight in skeet for the first time this weekend.

I get that dead eye look as well... and it gets worse when I beat them in skeet with my 'trap' gun. If you shoot it good, then don't worry what they think.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I used my XT for trap, skeet, and sporting clays for several years until I switched to an auto. The XT was popular among sporting clays shooters when it came out. Very much the same configuration at the Krieghoff sporting clays (i.e. monte carlo stock, raised rib, about 60-40 POI.

3. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

I shoot a citori plus 32" for all disciplines bought it when I shot more trap then got into skeet I have it set to shoot 6about 60/40 at skeet distances and I like shooting it the high rib gets my eyes real level. I just wish it was a 30" so that I could tube it, the 32" are plenty heavy and with tubes my guess is they would be worse yet. Someday I will pry go to a 30" XT with tubes and have one gun for everything!

Nick

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

It will shoot as well as the operator will allow it to.
    Doug Allison

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jimmy, No Problem. I have shot most of the Brownings made in the last 5-6 years and they all shoot about 60/40 POI. My 525 shoots the same as a XT, or XS or BT-99 or l00 as well. If your a ave size or above or built big, you will not have a problem swinging the 32 inch barrel around. With a adj. comb you should not have any problems at all. I'll shoot with you if you can't find anyone else, and I won't tease you!!!! LOL. Much!!! Go have fun and shoot all 3 types of clays, I know I will. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

6. Lyle

Lyle Member

I don't shoot much skeet but I have shot my XT on Sporting, Trap and pigeons. I probably like it the LEAST for trap.
    I get looks at the sporting range becuase it is a trap gun and at the pigeon ring because it is not a P or K gun. The P's and K's might shoot better and I may never know because it is the "B" gun that I can afford and not the others. Once in awhile the "B" gun out shoots the P's and K's too.

Lyle

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Of course you can shoot your trap gun with anything you like, even cowboy action shoots. If you manage to win something other than trap with your trap gun, that's the time to write a letter to tell Browning they name their gun models wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

used xt trap