1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

XT Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Hey everybody back at Christmas I bought an XT the gun had been shot @ 500 rounds, today was the second hundred I shot through it. My problem is this,a few times I guess @ 5-10 after I shot my first target and made the move to the second the gun acted as if it didn't want to shoot. As I would take the gun down from my shoulder it would shoot. Needless to say I missed the second bird. DOes anyone have any thoughts, I thought it might be my first shot was too soft with the kick ezz pad, but one time I shot the 3 dram load first and it acted as if it wasn't going to shoot.

Any thoughts? Could it be me not letting the trigger out far enough? XT owners please let me know, if this is something you all have experienced?
  2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

JMO Take the Stock off and Check the WOOD inside the "PistolGrip" neck and see if there are "Drag" marks. I have had (2) that had so much wood The trigger was "Dragging" on the side. I am SURE some one on here will say it cannot happen BUT, it DID!!!!!! I was amazed the stock would even go on the Receiver but, hey what DO i know. joe90t
  3. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Member

inerta block sticking maybe bad spring
  4. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I had the same problem with my XT there was some thing in the trigger that was hanging up. Have a gun smith look at it
    Also try shooting the other barrel first

Kooz
  5. steve mainus

steve mainus Active Member

I have an XT combo. Had an issue with seer adjustment, but not your issue. Call the Gun Dr, he'll fix you pains. (Doug Braker)
  6. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Make shure when you take the stock off you tighten it up good. Everybody that i know has had the stock from the factory come loose. PIA
  7. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Member

I have an XT also, it developed the same condition, BEFORE you spaend any money to get it fixed, go to a range with a box of shells, release the trigger before the second shot, with this being a mental block, your clue to me was when u said, "as i took the gun from my shoulder it would shoot"
    Was my exact response,
    Good Luck,
    any questions feel free to PM me.
    DaveB
  8. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

You might want to consider if you have a flinch. This is what happened to me at a Harlan Campbell clinic many years ago. The gun was like the trigger was set in concrete for the second shot in doubles.(FYI I had an XT) I would take it away from my shoulder and the gun would fire. Harlan spotted it right away and had me stop shooting doubles before my flinch became worse. I started shooting doubles last year and the problem did not return.

Terry Sandlin
  9. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Member

I agree with" likebybrowings" assessment. the same thing happened to me on my XT and it turned out to be my failure to use proper trigger control.
    JMAC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.