1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT price

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trevorh, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorh

trevorh TS Member

I bought a xt about 4 months ago and love the gun but find myself looking more and more at single barrel guns for some of there benifits and my question is how much money do you think i could get for a 4 month old XT that i have pattterned and am sure shoots straight with 30in tubes and 5 extended browning diana choke tubes IC, LM, M, IM, F that each retail for $50 as well as a bowning case made for the XT which carrys a value $160 new. The gun has a montecarlo stock that is in perfect condition and the forearm has 1 small imperfection that is a about 1/8inch long. The gun has also been cleaned, oiled and lubed after every time it is shot.

2. jvsomers

jvsomers Guest

I would put it on gunbrokers.com. Put a 'reserve' on the gun and see what happens. If it doesn't sell, you can lower your reserve until it does. If you are going to have only one gun, I would keep the XT, because it can be used for all of shooting games. Good Luck

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dude ... keep it and get a BT-99 and that is the start of a fantastic Browning set of killer guns.

4. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Do what Lumper says.

I have an XT with an MC Stock and aftermarket adj. comb. I too wanted a single and opted for a BT-99 Goldenclays.

XT and a BT-99 - you can't beat it!!!

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Keep it and go on a very long search for the perfect single barrel; be prepared to buy that when it appears. Still keep the XT for when you want to try one of the multiple shot disciplines and to back up your new single in case of a broken spring or firing pin. KEEP IT!....Bob Dodd

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I hate to offer this up but I have an unfired top single XT barrel -- $1150

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Keep the XT...get a BT-99 (what a great idea by the way) or a single barrel, but don't get rid of the XT. Trust me, you'll regret it at some point.

8. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Trevor,

I too have an XT I really enjoy and won't sell and since I am new to trapshooting, what benefits have you found with a single shot the over/under does not have?

Mike

9. trevorh

trevorh TS Member

I like the single barrel for the reason that they are usually 34in so on handicap and singles they are smoother and i tend to jurk them less. and they also tend to point a little better. and just another perk is that there is no way to put a cartidge in the wrong chamber, which i have done on occastion.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joe - only a couple of K80 unsingles

Gene

11. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"how much money do you think i could get for a 4 month old XT"

$1800, give or take a couple hundred.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dont take the hit, New Xt where 2295.00 in my area. used regardless of age 1300 to 1800. I paid 1500.00 with chokes and Americase. I would keep it put the 400.00 loss you would take put twards 99. Not to say your down grading but to take a loss on the XT to buy a 99. just not good. Why dont you just shoot the crap out of that XT and save for a BT99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.