1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT or Cynergy Unsingle Combo?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shootsome, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I can't decide whether to buy a Browning XT Unsingle Combo or the Cynergy Unsingle combo. What are the plus and minus of these two guns?

2. rrose

rrose TS Member

They are very different guns in the way they swing and feel. I had an xt with custom made stock on it and when I tried a Cynergy I switched and like it better. To me the felt recoil is less, the lock time seems much faster. With the low profile reciever I find it easier to shoot and my scores have gone up.
    It all depends on which one fits you best. The triggers on the Cynergy are very good but so far no one is able to make a release for them, in case you shoot a release. I have shot a release for 3 years but by holding on the top of the house like a one eyed shooter I am not flinching any more and I really like shooting my Cynergy. Both are great guns and either will serve you well.
    If you are around Cincinnati/Middletown you are welcome to shoot a round with mine to see how it feels.
    Good luck
    Randy

3. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

In that price range I would look at a 682Gold E.

Better quality, way better barrels and balances better for most people.

Both Joel Etchen Guns and Hi-Grade Shooters have 682's for amazing prices.

4. shootsome

shootsome Member

Rosebuster, thanks for the offer to shoot a Cynergy. One of the problems is I can't find a Trap Model Cynergy locally in order to shoot one.

Kreighoffkrusher, I agree, the 682E combo is a very nice gun. But they seem soooo light compared to the Brownings, even with the 34/32 barrels. Maybe that's not a problem? Overall balance is more important.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Shootsome,
    I agree, the 682 feels lighter but if you look, interesting enough, the published weights are identical at 8.8lbs. This is where the low profile receiver and the quality barrels make a huge difference. The low profile receiver puts the gun lower in your hands, the cold hammer forged barrels allow for a more consistent and thinner barrel wall so you get a livelier feel. It's small details like this that many shooters don't pay attention to that can make a huge difference in the quality of a gun.

6. shootsome

shootsome Member

krieghoffkrusher, That's interesting. I would have never guessed the Beretta 682Gold E weighed that much based on handling one.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Having been in the business for a while, I'd recommend the SKB Unsingle combo. Give Bob Schultz a call and he'll take care of you.

John

8. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

I love the stock and the barrels on the 682, but the stock slaps me silly. I would go for the XT.

9. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Sorry should have said the receiver and the barrels. My bad....

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

with out shooting them, I would get the cynergy combo, looks better

11. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have the cynergy combo and it is great, I shot my first 100 straight handicap with it this summer.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

shooter 50, that's great shooting guy! Once more shooters start winning with these great shotguns somebody will figure out how to make releases for them too. I think that combo may be my next shotgun too. Hap

13. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

Thank's Hap, I started out with a model 870 trap. Going to the cynergy has helped me greatly on my doubles scores as well.
    Jim Kennedy

14. rrose

rrose TS Member

Jim
    What state are you in. Could you tell me how wide is the rib at the muzzle on the unsingle of your Cynergy? I am really wanting to get the combo now that I have the ou version.
    Thanks
    Randy

15. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

Hi Randy, I am in New Mexico. The width of the rib is 5/8th's. I really think you will like the combo.
    Jim

16. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

just purchased a cynergy combo, shot 99 first time out,
    went to browning from a k gun, the browning cynergy is similar in weight and feel and handling characteristics, I also like the mechnical triggers, fast lock time and very crisp.
    i too also ownned a xt, while a fine gun i'd give the cynergy the nod

17. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Id go with the XT for now. I love the look and feel of the Cynergy and I love the new striker trigger design. Very innovative. As with any new gun design, Browning is have normal problems with the Cynergy. Will take awhile 2 get the bugs worked out. Heres the downside...Nobody but Browning stocks parts for the Cynergy yet. You can get an XT fixed virtually anywhere. Cynergy with trouble goes back to Browning. You will die of old age before you get it back. Yours in Shooting, Todd Nelson

18. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I own the Browning XT and shot Cynergy Trap. They both shoot good but the Cynergy feels better.
    I went out to get a Cynergy Trap combo and couldn't get one. I got a Joel Etchen 687 Combo and it is a better and easyer gun to shoot.( wife's gun ) It feel even more balance then the Cynergy.
    Check out Joel Etchen 687 combo or the special on the 682 Gold E. Nice deal.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

heres the link to the combo specials, worth the look for the 4k price range. There aer some great looking logs on these guns. The up gradewood models are not that much more. Got to check your options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.