1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT combo rib question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi all,Is the rib on the O/U barrel of a combo higher than the height of a standard XT O/U barrel?If so,how much? Thanks.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It is higher, but couldn't tell you by how much.

ss

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Its higher but when I've put mine on a regular XT (one that it fit) everything matched. (where the reciever and the rib mated)

Bill

4. cookoff

cookoff TS Member

Compaired both a 32" XT Combo O/U bbl and an XT 32" O/U bbl. Measured at the same points on each bbl.
    The XT Combo bbl is .180 higher at the muzzle. At the mid bead it's .152 higher and .140 higher at the rear.
    Hope this helps

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Perfect cookoff,Thank you!!

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea WHY the rib would be higher on the XT that is part of a combo? It doesn't seem to make sense to me, but maybe I can learn something here.

Easystreet

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Only guessing but with the rib on the un-single being higher I would imagine that the o/u's rib is higher so a person wouldn't have to mess with the comb. All three barrels shoot the same on my combo with no adjustments.. (80/20 approx.)

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.