1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

XT Barrel Changes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jon Reitz, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Active Member

Anyone out there familiar with swapping 30" barrels on a Browning XT for 32" barrels? Is it similar to a BT-99 that may or may not require fitting, or will they snap right on?

Thanks,

Jon Reitz
  2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I don't know for sure, but I have heard on this site that some fitting may be required. I would also like to know. Martinpicker
  3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Active Member

I imagine Midwest Gun Works does this kind of work. They did a BT-99 Plus barrel swap for me about five years ago, so I'll give them a call.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz
  4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

A VAST majority of browning barrels will need some sort of fitting. VERY rare for them to freely interchange and fit correctly. Even if they do snap right on, they need to be checked for locking block fit, headspace, ect to prevent a dangerous situation or undue wear on your gun.
  5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Active Member

I realize all that, but was hoping to hear from someone who had ACTUALLY been through the process, specific to an XT.
  6. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Me and my buddy both have xt unsingle combos 32"/34" and my dad has a regular xt 32". None of our barrels will interchange. They won't even come close to closing. I think it is luck of the draw.
  7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Active Member

Thanks guys...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.