1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XT adj comb question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by toad67, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toad67

toad67 Member

Got my eye on a used XT, right hand with an adj. comb. I have noticed that some XT's have set screws in the right side of the stock for RH shooters and some have no screws at all. Are the invisible screws in the butt stock? Pro's or con's either way??? Thanks.

Todd

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Todd,

The ones that you can't see are in the recoil pad area (recessed of course). These should be avoided like the plague, or budget a couple of extra dollars so that proper hardware can be retrofitted. There has been more than one shooter that has had the hardware loosen at the most inopertune moment.

ss

3. toad67

toad67 Member

What is the cost for a retrofit? Would spacers help?

Todd

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Ken Rucker at Speedbumps Stockworks does a real nice job converting the factory hardware to something usable.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This was my answer to the factory adjustable comb:

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=guns143Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=guns142Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine sells a drop-in replacement that he makes himself.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Wireguy, that is breathtaking.

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Tron, you took the words right out of my mouth!! LOL!!

Ken Rucker

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I had to get inventive to pull that off. I remember I used a piece of 3/4 thinwall to seal the bolt cavity from the rectangular hole. Then I sealed it off with the acraglas release. Worked perfect. I have this plastic that is a powder you dissolve into a solvent, not sure what the solvent is, they threw away kits at the university I worked at. It makes a liquid, then sets up into a quite hard plastic. I used that stuff with some black paint mixed in to fill the box up to where the bottom of the post holders would go, then locked the holders in with acraglas.

Don't worry guys. YOU can have customers breathing down your necks to get their stuff back. Not for me.

10. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I had mine done by a gunsmith in Utah,,,$100.00, installed,,,it never moved when you did not want it to after that. Well worth the cost.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.