1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XS vs XS skeet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by toad67, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toad67

toad67 Member

On the Citori models does the "XS" refer to a sporting model and the "XS Skeet" refer to a skeet model? If so I assume that the drop is more on the skeet model? Looking at some smaller gauge models and just trying to do my homework. Thanks.

Todd Klein

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Todd, on todays XS Special and the XS Skeet, both are listed with adj. combs and are the same l 7/8's at both the comb and the heel. In 2010 catalog the Special only comes in 12 ga. and the Skeet comes in the 12 or the 20 ga. only. The XS was made, I think in all four guns back in like 2004 and or 2005 for like only two years before they went to 12 ga. only. If you access to a old browning catalog in those years you will find your answers. If not let me know and I will try to find one of my old catalogs and look up for you. Break-em all. Jeff

3. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

You'll have to find a catalog for the exact dimensions but compared to the XS Sporting, the XS Skeet models had a high rib, less drop at the comb (1 1/2 vs 1 7/8")and the length of pull was shorter at 14 1/2 vs 14 7/8". One other difference is at the Skeet model came with 3 flush chokes and the Sporting came with 5 extended chokes. Many people, including myself, find the Skeet guns to work better for sporting clays and don't require an adjustable comb.

Scott

4. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I have the XS Skeet and love the gun.
    It`s available in 20, but the XS Specials are not. It`s also available with or without ADJ. comb. It`s also lighter the the XS Specials ( according to Browning`s site.)
    They all have parallel combs.
    If you decide on the XS Skeet, I would strongly suggest that you get one without the adj. comb. Shoot the gun for a while , and if you decide that you need an adj. comb, have a good stock guy do it.
    You`ll be better off in the long run , as the comb hardware on the Citori`s leaves a lot to be desired.
    Overall though, they`re great guns.

Regards, Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xs skeet vs special vs sporting

browning xs skeet vs xs special vs xs sporting

browning xs skeet vs xs sporting
browning xs special vs xs skeet
browning xs sporting
browning xs sporting vs xs skeet
xs skeet