1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XS or 525 for Sporting Clays?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Loyac, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

I really can't tell if there is a difference between the two - except for the grip area. Both fit very well. Which would serve me better? Thanks. John

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Buy one of the nickle finish, laminate 525's. It would be almost impossible to harm the finish and would be all but weather impurvious.

Browning has also just introduced a 625. I haven't got to look at one close up yet to see what they've changed.

ec90t

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The XS has a straighter stock and is higher at the comb. Buy the one that fits you the best.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Having shot them both, I much prefer the XS series. I do not like the very full pistol grip of the 525. Also, most of the XS guns have a LOP of 14 3/8".

It seems that all the 525 tournament guns have a LOP of 14 3/4", which would make an alteration of the stock a given for many shooters.

5. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Where does the 425 fall in there? Anybody know what the drop at the comb is? Higher? Lower?

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Where does the 425 fall in there? Anybody know what the drop at the comb is? Higher? Lower?

7. Shooting Coach

I just got back from a day at the range with a new Cynergy Sporter.

I did not like the way the gun looked, as I am a long time Krieghoff devotee.

I made the mistake of shooting one, and since I wanted a backup for when the K-gun was out for service, I bought the 30" Sporter with fixed stock.

I must say the gun shoots, handles and feels all out of proportion to its price! Also, the garish recoil pad WORKS. With my 1400 foot Bunker loads, the Browning felt like my 20 gauge TUBE GUN!

My favorite flavors are Bunker, ATA and Skeet, and a dash of Sporting mixed in. The local Sporting course is set so badly you are likely to be hit by shot when on the cart path, so I don't shoot there right now.

I may make this my Bunker gun, since I love the game, and have Intl' Shotgun Coach creds. I have the chance to help prepare a team for Colorado Springs next year, so I may just have a gun I will fly with. I do not like the idea of flying with and babysitting a $37K Krieghoff on a long trip.

For those of you who do not like the looks of the Cynergy, do NOT shoot one. LOL

8. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Shooting Coach, It sounds as though not much is going right for you. Hopefully your attitude is better when working with your students. I've been working with kids for over 30 years and find that a positive attitude works wonders not only with students but in all other areas of life. Have a great new year.

9. Shooting Coach

Dear Longhorn

Does the mention of an unsafe sporting field make me sound like I have an attitude? If I did, I would mention the name of the club. Both Sporting Board members have resigned in disgust. I just take my money to another club, where I don't have to worry about being SHOT. You would probably do the same.

When I get word that the club is no longer an accident waiting to happen, I will go back.

Things are going well for me. If you are as satisfied with your station in life as I am with mine, you are a happy person.

Have a great 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.