1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XLR5 VELOCITY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by schooner, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schooner

schooner Member

Opinions on xlr5 for trap.Will the shels it the guy on the next post.i had a stoke looking for a lighter gun.I have ljutic mono sr.3743.THANK YOU PETER.M.

2. daveship

daveship Member

my good friend JOE B just bought one last month in 30 inch. yes it is a little heavy, but boy does it work well.the shells eject forward and down,so your neighbor wont hate you. technologically, it is both very high tech designed but easy to clean and maintain. the build itself is VERY strong.This seems to be the kind of gun that will last a lifetime.the only downside we could find was that the distance from the stock grip to the trigger was a long reach. easily solved by a palm swell. great gun!!!! oh ,by the way it DESTROYS birds!!!

3. schooner

schooner Member

How heavy is the gun.THANK YOU PETER.M.

4. schooner

schooner Member

I am not related to copper.

5. schooner

schooner Member

Is the stock on the gun parallel.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They don't have extended comb pins, had to make my own as I could not see over the rib with pins fully extended.

They need to copy the Ceasar Guerini Grip and distance, it feels very awkward not like a Trap Gun should feel.

Some say it is Bbl heavy

Some said it felt like a club or mounting a baseball bat.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. HoosierHawk95

HoosierHawk95 Member

I had an XLR5 and got rid of it. Yes, it does destroy targets. The gun I had lost the cocking lever. When the lever is out and you take the gun down to pack it (in the extremely huge case) the entire insides of the gun will fall out. I had a Guerini gunsmith at the Grand explain to me that the gun is designed that way.

I was shooting the gun very well when suddenly I could not hit a bird that I knew I was right on. I got rid of the gun and found out from the individual who bought it that a rod had come out of the adjustable rib so the gun was not shooting where it should have. Both issues are very easy to fix/live with; however, I think Fabarm could have done a little more homework on this gun's design and made it just tht much better. I have had several 391's and this gun is superior as a shooting tool; however, the 391's never had parts fall out of them.

Good luck with your decision. In all fairness the XLR5 is an excellent gun and very adaptable to sporting clays and skeet as well as trap.

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

some of the original fabarm guns had the adjustment for the rib comer loose and all of a sudden the 90/10 gun was shooting 50/50. what a suprise. nice gun I had 2 of them. motordoc

I have a friend that wants to sell his. shot sbout 300 rounds. contact me

9. TBFA

TBFA Member

I love mine, points very well, and crushes targets! I agree that breaking down the gun is awkward, if the bolt was in the locked back position to remove the barrel it would make the gun much easier to clean, and utilize the hard case for transporting. Everyone that shoots mine breaks the majority of sporting targets. This gun has great potential in the right hands, lots of adjustment, and it cycles every load!

10. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

A friend of mine was shooting his in one of our indoor five stands when the rib flipped forward off the gun and out the window. Never did find the screw.

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I knew the owner of a manufacturing company and he told me that one minor negative comment about a product does more harm than the most lavish praise does good. Nobody reading this thread will remember anything except that the
    rib fell off - and it's unlikely anyone who read this thread will buy one now.

Incidentally, it was reported several places that they have redesigned the
    stock on the guns they're shipping now. The grip to trigger has been shortened.
    I thought the gun was muzzle heavy when I picked one up. Shouldn't make that much difference in trap, but it will in sporting clays.

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Good performances are long forgotten while bad performances are always remembered, its human nature so say the physiologist.

Surfer

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They have 3 designs out there now, Talked to Joe at FABARMS today and that is the latest change, I have the 2nd design, wished it was the 3rd design.

I got a shell catcher, it is the flip down wire one by Birchwood Casey, have not shot with it yet to see how it works.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

That shell catcher works great once you bend it a little,at least it does on my Cordoba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.