1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

XLR 5 CLEANING FREQUENCY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jamie65, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie65

jamie65 Member

do any of you xlr 5 shooters have any comments on the ease or difficulties and also the frequency of cleaning to keep your xlr 5 running. thanks / jamie65

2. pulllit

pulllit Member

Try this uTube video on cleaning your XLR5

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It has to be cleaned often when using certain powders, the tube gets scrungy
    and sows the ejection process until it will not eject.

GB
    DLS

4. glenfish

glenfish Member

I have been cleaning the tube the gas piston rides on every 200 shells or so. Only clean the bolt every 500 rounds. Seems easy compared to my 391. However only had to clean the 391 every 1500 shells.
    Glen

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I touch easier than a 391 to clean. I think it may need cleaning more often but seldom do I ever go past 250 rounds without anyways. Video says dry. I have been using kroll oil with good results.

6. jamie65

jamie65 Member

thanks much for the comments

7. jacksback

jacksback Active Member

It cleans easier than a 391 -- takes about half the time, call it 30 minutes stem to stern full job. It does need to be cleaned more frequently than a 391. I used to go 1000 to 1500 with the 391 before a full clean, and it never got sluggish in that many rounds. Now with the Fab I do it about every 800 to 1000, as the action will start to get sluggish -- still operates, just sluggish. But I should mention that when sluggish happens, you only need to do the outer mag tube where the piston slides and the op-rod bars -- a 5 minute job tops -- everything else including piston and barrel will go double that easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.