1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

xfire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Just found out I have cataract in left eye---can't operate 4 yrs---have been having trouble shooting lately---geting new glasses soon but was told I may B xfireing---I am a 2 eye shooter---could it B I am xfireing---How do you tell---Help---George

2. Desert Breeze

Desert Breeze TS Member

George you have to lie to them. When you take the eye test don't tell them how good you see! If you help them you hurt yourself. I have had seven suregeris, they will just let you suffer if you don't help your self. On the other side I am now AA 27 AA. It is a money game. To hell with them. Hang in George.......

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I've had both corrected by a doc who is a shooter.Desert Breeze is right;tell your doc how bad your peripheral loss is and how the rings around street/car lights bother you at night.That should qualify you as needing the surgery.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks to both but my doc says that my vision is too good to chance surgery since it could cause lose of vision---not worth the chance according to him---this cross fireing got to me though---what is it and how can you tell it is occuring?---I have a guy I shoot with that says he can see the rings on the target as it flys and says another can see the target spinning---all I know is my scores have gone down alot and my eyes have changed alot---must just B me---Thanks---George

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

You need the expertise of Phil Kiner, search on Google, search on here. I've had similar problems, holding lower has helped. All sorts of ways to mitigate if that is indeed what you are doing. Good luck

Dave Eberhart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.