1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wyoming Thank You

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by thunder, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunder

thunder Active Member

I just heard on Fox that Wyoming will not obey federal laws on any added registration, semi auto guns and mag bans. They also stated that Wyoming will charge anyone with a felony if they try and arrest a legal citizen.

Thank you Wyoming for taking a stand. Time for the rest of the states to do the same.

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Amen...just heard the same thing. The rest of you states..get on the same train. Call and write your legislators to do likewise.

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

I would hope Montana is right behind Wyoming, lots of good people in both states. Scott

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Bodie, I just hope you aren't the instructer in Trap. Poor kids anyway. :)

Hope to shoot with you this year when you aren't shooting so well. Like to win once in awhile.

Take care.

Rick in MT

5. Jetzzel

Jetzzel TS Member

I hope Utah steps up also!

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I wish Washington would, BUT we have to many liberals running the place!!

7. thunder

thunder Active Member

Have to agree need to flood our representatives telling them we want the same policy in our states that Wyoming is doing.

Watched Hannity tonight and he had on the people that was exposed by the paper in New York, the gun people have had it.

8. moserag

moserag Member

Bodie, thank you for a great post.

Very well spoken, as a Wyoming native, I agree whole-heartedly.

BTW, the bill is HB0104, called the "Firearm Protection Act". It has not been passed yet.

We need to let our State Representatives know we strongly support this bill.
    I tried to post a link if anyone wants to read it (I hope it works, I'm new at this). Brian In Oregon also provided a link in an earlier thread.

Dave

9. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Bodie,

I checked out Dubois, on the web. Looks like a great place to live. ShootinSue and I have talked about leaving the People's Repubik of Illinois for a long time and recently Wyoming has come into the picture. I see your gun club is IPSC/USPSA affiliated as well as throwing ATA targets. Also, the web pics of the scenery is stunning. I can post pics of our neighboring cornfield, how's that for stunning? I'm really envious.

Terry

10. deadnout

deadnout Member

i hope missouri gets its its head out of its arse and follows suit. tell the feds to shove it. we should arrest all the senators and representatives for treason. were they not elected to uphold our constitution. lets boot them all out and start over. rich

11. kcp99

kcp99 Member

i live in Illinois please pray for us

12. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Let me say right off that I would like to see all 50 states stand up to the feds and say no we will not go along with any new gun laws.But for nearly 60 years I`ve witnessed every time a state ever tried to stand up to the feds the feds threatened to cut off federal highway money or some other federal money .Few, if any times did the states then fail to fall in line with the feds plan.Just once I`d love all 50 to tell Obama to take a hike...KS-OKIE

13. gusto777

gusto777 Member

I applaud Wyoming and any other state that takes a stance similar to them. Unfortunately we gave the financial purse strings to the Federal Government years ago. If a State refuses to comply to any Federal Mandate they simply withhold necessary monies from the State until they submit. The last great advocate of State's Rights was Senator Barry Goldwater. He spent most of his adult life fighting for State's Rights and a very limited Federal Government. Unfortunately today State's Rights are a thing of the past. Nonetheless I congratulate Wyoming for it's courage at taking a stand against increasing Federal Tyranny, although in reality it's truly only symbolic. Thank you Wyoming.

Gus in Las Vegas

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

gusto777,

If the state has the cajones, they could just withold all the tax money that they send to the Federal giverment to be laundered and then sent back to the states after the feds take their cut, they would probably come out ahead. If enough states did it maybe that would get their attention.

15. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Not a bad idea RWT.

Gus in Las Vegas

16. quicky

quicky Member

Wyoming has been named as #1 in the country for retirees as well. No state income tax, no sales tax on food, low property taxes and no estate tax. We should add an amendment to the bill Bodie spoke of so that ammunition is tax free as well! The only drawback I have noticed is all the sunlight. We don't get much precipitation here as we are a high desert in most of the state so there is a lot of UV (makes targets brighter!) to put up with. Humidity is almost always low so few sweat stains on our clothes. Tree and bunny huggers would struggle with all the pickup trucks. Insulated Carrharts are a fashion statement. It is interesting to notice how many trucks are left idling in a grocery store parking lot when it is cold and people need to do some shopping. (-22 here Monday AM).

The county I live in has a 9 trap field with 3 lighted. It also has 11,000 square miles with just over 50K people (Sweetwater). On rare occasions Bodie lets us win an event. We are usually somewhere in his dust trail.

17. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Being a reisdent of the sad state of NY, my compliments to Wyoming! You guys have have it good in the world of firearms. We people from the rural upstate (near the Canada border)region suffer from all the half assed laws enacted by the politicians who only listen to the people from NYC. Rule of thumb in NY for our political leaders is that if you get "the city" to support you, you don't need the rest of the state! It sucks, but that is the way it is.

18. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Our county sheriff sent a letter to VP Biden on 1/18/2013 stateing that she would not enforce any laws that would violate either the US constitution or our state constitution. This is Fresno county, right in the middle of Kalifornia. I beleive the Madera county sheriff has also. It probably won't help much because we are outnumbered by LA area and the bay area. But it makes you proud of her, gutsy lady.
    Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.