1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wyoming State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terry, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry TS Member

i just returned from the shoot in Laramie. Good hot weather and good targets. Mike Herman was the Singles winner with 200 plus winning the shootoff. there were only 2 200's in state. Doubles was a tie between Phil Kiner and Jim Butler with 99. I left about 2pm so i haven't heard any shoot off results. The high scores in the handicap (in state) when i left was Bodie Johnson and Darrell Jones with 98's. I believe there were about 65 squads. John Campbell, Buffalo was elected our new ATA Delegate. George Cook was cashiering so maybe he has the scores somewhere.

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I believe the high scores in the handicap for out of state were Jrs Doug Beebe and Megan Assman both with 98s as well . I heard also Megan had left, so Doug was Champion. This is what I was told....I was not there. I hope that my reporting is correct.

Lorna

3. Skipperk

Skipperk TS Member

Was a really good shoot. I always enjoy Wyoming, wonderful,hospitable people who always make you feel at home.
    Thank all people who purchased from me.

Skip Pearson --- Skip's Specialties

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Word has traveled to Pennsylvania that Phil Kiner broke 100 in the handicap, 198 in the singles and 99 in doubles. Not bad for a new shooter!

Ed

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For those of you who were disappointed with your State Shoot scores, there will be a Leo Harrison clinic in Gillette on Fri-Sat, July 13-14. Contact Chuck Badger or email me at above address. This is a two day class, covering all events, cost is $330 plus targets and shells.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Phil K. won the doubles shootoff as well, taking two titles.

It was a very well-run shoot in beautiful, if occasionally "breezy" (their term) conditions. The country is spectacular; as is even more the area around Douglas, Wyoming, where I am right now on a roundabout drive back home to Minnesota through all the areas recommended as tourist-required.

Fans of the notorious "Let's not require one-ounce loads" thread last fall will be glad to hear that the high altitude and concomitant low air pressure (24 inches Hg) have provided 10 patterns for each of 3 guns which, when analyzed, will provide evidence for one side or the other in that controversy. I'd not suggest you move to the edge of your chairs just yet; it may take a while to get all the data together.

Neil

7. bas

bas Member

Neil, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in your data...just because, it is always interesting....at least to me!

8. wyomingjayhawker

wyomingjayhawker TS Member

9. wyomingjayhawker

wyomingjayhawker TS Member

10. jtrim

jtrim TS Member

I will try to get all of the scores posted on the Wyoming website and to the ATA later this week.
    I would also like to post that the new President of the WSTA is Mike Head from the Cheyenne area and the new Vice President is Lee Beekley of Casper.
    THANKS A BUNCH to the trapsetting committee. They are by far the most important committee to a successful State Shoot. With the gusty winds that we had in Laramie, they worked very hard to provide shooters with the best targets.
    Remember that Wyoming has a site for the Western Zone in Casper at the Rocky Mtn. Gun Club.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How about that Phil Kiner, he be the man ... Good shooting Phil and Congratulations on your outstanding performance ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I attended my first ever Wyoming State shoot this year and I have to say I had a great time. The people are really great and the targets were very good. I also want to say I thought the Wyoming shooting organization tried very hard to make sure all had a great time. They set good targets and the scores I think reflected it.

Special thanks to the outgoing President who by my observation worked exceptionally hard to make the shoot as good as possible. She been part of the Wyoming board for 14 years I have been told. Anyone who stays with it that long must have lots of patience. Thanks Joy.

Mark Zauhar

13. jtrim

jtrim TS Member

Thanks, Mark for the nice compliment. I really appreciate it.

I have posted the Wyoming State Results on our website: www.wytrapshooting.com. I have also submitted them to the ATA. So, hopefully they will be posted there shortly.

Thanks to all of you who attended the WY State Shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.