1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WWWs of buying a cross bow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by John 53, Jun 4, 2013.

1. John 53

John 53 Member

I am thinking of getting a cross bow for hunting and know absolutely nothing about them. Anyone care to steer me in the right direction?

WWW...What brand, What poundage, Where best to buy?

Any info will be appreciated.

John

2. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

Last weekend I had the chance to shoot my sons new X-bow made by Mission. 360fps and really shot well. I believe its a division of Mathews..Light weight and fast.

3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have a tenpoint crossbow. I think to date I've taken ten or more deer with it,and it has yet to let me down. I have shot others,but Iam glad I bought what I did.Good luck in your quest..Ray

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

PM sent.

5. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

I brought a Horton cam crossbow because it was fast and light. If I get one in the future it will be a simple crossbow without the cams and cables, they are easy to work on. Ask your question on the above site's forum.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I used a horton summit for years..150 pound pull.. killed many deer with it.. sold it and bought a barnett jakal.. just wanted something a little newer and faster.. havent killed anything with it..lol... its not the xbows fault though

7. John 53

John 53 Member

Thanks for the replies. I bought a Horton. Now I will probably be like blkcloud and not harvest anything. ; )
    Take care.

John