Trapshooters Forum banner

www.donrackleygunparts.com website is now live

5K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  George MT. 
#1 ·
Thank you for your patience, we just turned on our parts website.

The address is:
Don Rackley's Gun Parts Store | Welcome

This website features Giuliani parts and tools for Perazzi guns; organized by type of gun (MX or TM), assembly type (receiver, trigger or forend/barrels) and you can search, read fitting tips and watch the videos to become more familiar with maintaining your Perazzi gun.

Secure checkout and Credit Card payment is accepted, I ship quickly from the USA.

Thanks for checking it out!

Don

#13 ·
Nice website. Great move on linking your YouTube channel with all the videos. I would suggest you continue posting videos to demystify how Perrazis work so that others can learn how to use and install the parts you have for sale. You'll never put a gunsmith out of business for the truly tricky stuff (fitting barrels, rust bluing, etc), but showing how easy it is to do lots of things on Perazzis will hopefully encourage others to buy them (and your parts!)

#16 ·
Why isn't this in the vendor area. Posters have been banned for less than this.

Don

Don, I'm sure you're correct concerning the banned statement. I don't know how many others than myself just use this portion of TS unless we're looking for something in particular? Had it not been posted here on the discussion page, I'da never found it because I don't go looking for new web-sites here?

Advertising and actually selling on this page is forbidden and I understand that but making a service available to shooters shouldn't fall under that rule, in my also less than humble opinion.

HAP

#20 ·
Ok here are a couple of things that I can hopefully clarify for Don.
1.The Staff member part of his lable here was basically put on there because he is on-site a lot and is able to offer a lot of input on Perazzi Parts/Fitting and Tools as opposed being part of ownership or admin. Don has made himself available many times to help someone with a part question.
2.Don is a supporting vendor which means he pays for a ad on Trapshooters.com and mentioning his website is just fine.
3.Has Don gone past the normal Please check out my site there is a lot of useful information including Videos/Diagrams ect. which would be helpful to Trapshooters.com members? Yes and I have addressed it with him, smacked him around----and verbally abused him so he understands. BTW give old Don a break he is a good guy and not out to mislead or take advantage of anyone.
I would like to thank the Members and Supporting Vendors for supporting and posting on Trapshooters.com Shoot Well George

#26 ·
All,

I had a message from a friend that I needed to check in on this thread.

There is obviously some dissention about whether this is in the right category.

Please allow me to set the record straight (from my viewpoint).
I have been a paying vendor in this site since March 18, and yes, I believe the "Supporting Vendor" banner has been displayed since then. I did not ask for the "Staff Member" annotation, nor have I exercised any administrative action on any threads (I don't know how to). I have not received any emails, PMs, phone calls or any other communication about being a "Staff Member". Yes, I do check this site frequently during the day, I am retired and have been shooting registered trap since 1987; trapshooting and Perazzi guns are passions of mine. I have plenty of other passions, but those are two biggies.

I now realize more this thread being in the "Shooting Related Threads" is in the grey area, but it is not an explicit offer to sell. If maintaining your gun is not shooting related, I'm not sure where to draw the boundary. It is an announcement that this conduit is available for people to use and yes, it has a clickable link. I have lost count of how many PMs, emails and phone calls I have received with some version of "Do you have a website?" or "When will you have a website?". I thought getting the word out in an expedient manner would be good for shooters and TS.com members. If I did not include the clickable link how many people would have replied asking for it?

I have never spoken to George MT (the moderator who has added to this thread), I did exchange PMs yesterday. Let's just say that he got his point across about proper posting of threads. I understand. The rest of that discussion shall remain between he and I unless he chooses to make it public. If he chooses to make it public, I respect his decision, if he chooses to keep it private I respect his decision and admire his discretion. In reviewing George MT''s PM and post yesterday, I got the benefit of the doubt, I would like to think because of the help I have provided to many shooters over the last few months.

The majority of the comments on this thread are positive, I realize you cannot please all the people all the time and that rules are rules. I have and will continue to help shooters learn more about their Perazzi guns with videos, advice and tips as the need arises. The videos themselves have over 5,000 views, imagine how many there would be if they were more professional and better.

I hold no ill will to the people who question the thread, but I will stand up for my side of the story to be heard.

If anyone would like to call and discuss this with me, please feel free to; my contact info can be reached by my avatar.

Don Rackley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.