1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WWP rejects Gun Talk radio appearance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Wounded Warrior Project rejects Gun Talk radio appearance because of show’s gun content.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/wounded-warrior-project-rejects-gun-talk-radio-appearance-because-of-shows-gun-content/#ixzz2CDkiZvd1

I guess they'll be turning down the funds that Federal has raised through the sale of their Wounded Warrior Top Guns.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorta sad they snub the folks who have no doubt been their most vigorous supporters

3. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I guess this guy cares more about his personal agenda then helping those who serve our country.I hope this guy looses his job. THANKS to all who served.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

They changed their mind. A misunderstanding. So they say. Policy being clarified. They will be on the show.

It just takes a few anti-gun people in an organization. Something to keep an eye on.

By the way. Make a Wish is anti-gun. No hunting, sport shooting or fishing allowed. Other organizations out there offer a service for children (Hunt of a lifetime is one). Do a little research before you commit your club to a charity shoot!

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

When we held a fundraiser for the WWP, last June, one thing in their literature said that they will not participate with gun trade/shows or firearm raffles. What I found odd was when I submitted our application, I said we will be shooting shotguns, rifles and handguns..And, having several gun raffles...no problem.

Doug

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Investigate big salaries and low percentage of gross to actual charity. It's probably just another scam charity with money going to the directors.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You should always check out what the ratio is of any Charity you give to.

If it not 80/20 or more I won't give to it. 90/10 is even better, 90% to cause and 10% administration.

Oh ya, your not a volunteer/goodie two shoes if your pulling a 6 digit income! for a Charitable organization! YOUR something else!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We stopped giving to the United Way after the Red Cross flap about misdeirected funds.

Salvation Army is a much better organization.

Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is an out and out liberal nest of thieves using pitiful animal commecials to gather money for liberal causes.

Lots of garbage out there, finding good causes gets harder all the time.

WWP needs my investigation.

HM

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

82.8 percent goes to the Program.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.