1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WW 28 Old Style Hull

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

How many reloads can I expect to get with old style WW 28 Hulls?

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I've usually been able to load them 7-8 times with a Un Clays load.Last couple of times they're definately practice only.

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

I use universal Clays also but I haven't been able to get 7 or 8 loads. Closer to 5 before they start cracking at the folds and then wads start hanging up with loading. Is there a 28GA shell that will last???? I've loaded some of my old AA 20GA hulls I'll bet a dozen times.

4. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

I've loaded the CF 28 hulls at least 10 times, if not more, using HS6.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

5 or 6 times then they look like sh*t and don't crimp very well and you'll find yourself making all kinds of excuses for them while practicing. Not worth the distraction if you are a serious shooter shooting with other serious shooters. However, a yukkity-yuk recreational blaster will love milking them until they come apart in their hands.

6. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

WOW

dux4all seems to have figured out how to bump fire his semi-automatic mouse.

I also get 8+ loads out of the HS hulls - and they never split in the crimp - allways down the side just above the brass.

JB

7. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Does anyone know how many times dux4all gets out of his hulls? I am curious...Larry Lockhart

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Some loaded 10 times, some would split on the first loading or before. Most loaded somewhere in between. It depends on how old. Later batches had more split early.

9. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

pilot error?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.