1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WVA State Shoot Results?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Ranger, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

Will the West Virginia State Shoot results be posted on the web? If so, where and when.

2. WVTrap

WVTrap TS Member

Not at this time. I just got in at 2:30 this morning. If I have time before I leave for the zone shoot I will see if I can type them up and send them in. If not it will be early next week. I do not have the capabilities to copy my hand results to put them on line. Maybe another shooter has that capabilites.I know that it is important to the shooters.
    Kent

3. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

WVTrap:
    Kent,
    Thanks for the update. If you get a chance in the next day or so, could you email me the winner of C Class Open?

Will Hartlep
    Pittsburgh

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Kent, if you want to fax them to me today, I would be happy to post the winning scores for you at lunch time, or this evening before I leave the office. Fax number is 410-437-9786. Put my name on the cover sheet (Devi Rathod).

It was another great W. VA state shoot, and I enjoyed meeting Mr. Dague, gr8shot, and Popgun.

Good shooting with friends, and seeing the ones with whom I didn't get to shoot, too! Will see you all at the Grand...

5. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

Trapshooterjoe7:

6. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Great shoot? The people from my club that went to the shoot didn't have a lot of good things to say about it. One of the days they were there they had a LOT of broken targets on their second trap, and they said that for the second year in a row the food was lousy (after being fantastic in 2006). And one of the shooters, a lady in her 60s, was going to be penalized from the 19 1/2 back to the 25 yard line for handicap if she wanted to play any options or compete for a trophy. She's been shooting for years, but had back surgery earlier this year and was only able to register 200 handicap targets before the WV shoot. A friend and I skipped going to WV for the same reason, he's a 20 yard liner and was going to be handicapped back to the 25, so he said the hell with it and we didn't go. If you're going to penalize someone that hard, you obviously don't want them at your shoot.

~Michael

7. WVTrap

WVTrap TS Member

Broken targets, yes our squad had the same problem. Found it out to be a loading problem. Sorry about that. Brooke County takes care of the food and it was my understanding that they are going to look very hard for a new vendor. The vendor that was there the last 2 years was told on Sunday that he would NOT be coming back. Yes, I personally thought the food was good before. Penalty yardage has always been the same. Penalty 25 or further or the choice to shoot targets only. Choices. That is the rules set up by the state. got to get some work done! Kent

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

This is absolutely the friendliest, most welcoming and socially pleasant shoot my wife and I attend each year.

Steve Sprout, Fred Dague, Scotty, Harlan and all the rest of the "boys" all treat us Marylander carpetbaggers like we grew up together under that squad board shade tree. As I type this though, it dawns on me that perhaps they're so friendly because they know how mediocre of a shot I am, thus no threat... just kidding of course.

One word of caution however, it was rumored that Dr. Hannibal Lecter was sighted during the shoot... perhaps the cannibal has found refuge among the WVA hills.

Congratulations to the Undertaker for yet another State Singles Championship! Steve's smoothness and technique are an absolute pleasure to watch and an inspiration. Good luck on the baseball circuit my friend.

West Virginia, thank you again!

Guy & Aline Babin

9. WVTrap

WVTrap TS Member

Working on typing up results. I will probably get them done late this afternoon as it is slow for me! Better get back to work. Kent

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Congratulations Steve!! Back to back singles championships are hard to come by my friend!! Stay after them guy! Hap

11. WVTrap

WVTrap TS Member

West Virginia State Shoot resluts have been sent to the ATA. I hope that they will put on-line tomorrow. Kent

12. freddy01

freddy01 Member

Thanks to all that helped at and attended the WV State shoot.

It was good to see old friends and meet the new ones.

Sorry about the food, I hope the PIG ROAST helped make up for the other issues. Thanks to all that attended the PIG ROAST. It was our first, and we were a little stressed as how it would go. Thanks to Scott Ross, Gene Snivley, Chuck Jackson, Jerry Narigon, and Fred Dague (The A Team) for helping to organize and sponsor the Pig Roast. Special thanks to Cathy Ross, Tammy Jackson, Jenifer & Maddie, Mary Ellen Smith, and Lenny McWhorter for all thier help w/ cooking, prep and serving.

Great Shooting!! To My Friends Steve Sprout Singles Champ 199, Bob Harden Doubles Champ 98, and Jamnes Marcum Handicap Champ 99.

More to Follow, Got to go now.

Fred Dague

13. station12

station12 TS Member

This year was my second year attending the shoot. It was however the first year that I shot in WV. I thought that the targets were just fine. The food on the other hand had alot to be desired. The hog roast was good but the "Food Wagon" was just plain nasty. And about the penalty yardage. I also didnt have enough targets in for the year and I shot at the 25 yardline and played most of the money. I ended up shooting a 96 and I got 5.5 yard punch for it. Overall it was a nice shoot. And I will be back for the Tri-State.

14. zinger

zinger Member

Freddy, haven't you guys brought that club up to modern technology yet? They have these things called "computers" that make cashiering, squadding, scorekeeping, etc., much faster and easier than the old pen & paper!..lol
    Wish we could've made it this year, maybe next?

15. recurvyarcher

Sation12, apparently you can shoot well at that yardage, so your problem would be...? :) That was awesome shooting. Congratulations!!!

I thought the pig roast was great. My favorite was the ham, though. And I have to say that I am really picky about cole slaw, but the slaw and macaroni salad and stuff was great. The only thing in the clubhouse that was ok to eat was the chili...it was pretty darn good. But I'm sure that the club will take care of the food issue next year. This isn't the ONLY club I've been to where the food wasn't the main attraction.

Can the trophies be shipped or do we have to pick them up? I left mine there.

Thanks,

Devi

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

So sorry Guy & Devi,..that I missed this shoot,..but we can torch something grand on the Weber next time
    [​IMG]

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The food vendor at the WV state shoot in the past had his act together!! The state assn. should get that guy back haste pronto! Until he left for whatever reason, that was some of the best (state shoot food) I've ever gotten at any state shoot! Hap

18. recurvyarcher

Calvin...so sorry, but I think I should re-evaluate whether I should be parking my camper next to yours.

Guy is lean, probably over 90% fat-free. He would be a healthy choice.

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Oh no my dear Curvy...so sweet a creature as yourself would most definantly come under the "dessert" category of my dining experience

P.S. ..and only with REAL whipped cream of course!

20. recurvyarcher

EEEK!!!

Relax your mind and say to yourself, "Celery is delicious..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.