1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WV state shoot info?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I could'nt make the state shoot, Was anybody there that has any comments or results? Thanks

2. folothru

folothru Member

well you missed alot fun, nice people, great targets.....the food was a little sub par for me. we did road trips down the hill to McD`s to get something to eat, the french fries were bad , burgers cold. wasn`t a lot of people eating there.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Gary, I was gonna say the cook musta been off on sick leave or something this year. The food I had there last year was great. HappynAZ

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

We had a great time. Steve Sprout and Fred Dague both went out of their way to make us feel welcome--and we did.

We were disappointed with the food, as we too had heard good things from the past. It was sub-par and a bit pricy for what you got.

The shoot was well run for the most part; I liked the random pulling for banks each event. I think they should have required each shooter take two boxes to the line with no break in between rounds to speed things up. Also there were delays while the traps were reloaded, as not all the houses were manned/girled.

We'll be back--the WVA state leaders/members were some of the friendliest state associations we've been around.

Guy Babin

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I thought the Italian sausage was really good, but the other stuff was not really worth eating.

That sure is some beautiful country around there!!!!

6. 700X-user

700X-user Member

The "rumors" that we heard at the shoot was that the last people doing the cooking were not paying all of their bills. That was why they had a vendor there.

I only went for the famous Hot Apple Dumpling's. I was told by some members of our club that the food was much better than any shoot in the area.

Not only did I not get my apple dumpling, I lost the shootoff for A class.

Nice facility and I would not hesitate to go back!

Ed

7. steele

steele TS Member

Devi, Did you like Dee-Jays? I didn't get to see you or Martin on Sunday.

8. steele

steele TS Member

Guy, Just remember, no matter what you do, don't forget BJs & Matucci's!!

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, we LOVED Dee-Jays!!! Awesome ribs. Can you get me one of those vegas pine trees for my yard? I would seriously put it in my pasture.

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'm on my way Butch! I owe Martin and Devi a dinner after they graciously treated Aline and me at DJ's.

Thanks for the info and it was a pleasure to meet you. Every time I see a pop rivet from now on I'll remember you.

Hope to see everyone in a couple of weeks.

Guy

11. SARG

SARG TS Member

To All
    Thank all of you for making the West Virginia State Shoot A success.

Please understand that this was somewhat of a transition year and we did a lot of changes, we had alot of new trap help. At the State Shoot last year we found a problem with the old food vendor and the easiest way to say it is the books did not balance and for every positive for the old vendor there were two negatives. We understand that the new vendor did not meet the standards that everyone was used to, however we have already addressed this and are regrouping. All of your feedback is important and will be used to make adjustments to the program.

We are looking at upgrading the camp ground which is severly needed, along with the purchase of four new Pat Traps to replace the old hand sets.

Again to all Thank You

Dave Howard
    Trap Line Director
    Chairman of the Board of Directos
    Brooke County Sportsmans Club

12. steele

steele TS Member

Sarg, If you are changing things, how about moving the sun to a different position. I was on the first flight of 16s & doubles, & I had to trade my shooting glasses for welding goggles! Only kidding! All in all, it was a fun weekend. Butch

13. Little Chuckie

Little Chuckie TS Member

I want to join HayDave aka Sarg in thanking everyone for a great shoot. Early on in the week, the negitive comments about the food and several other issues finally got to me and I probably made a few people mad with my responses. It is really tough being the Complaint Department when you care about the shoot running smoothly. My wife says I take it way to seriously. She is probably right.

All in all it was a great shoot. The numbers were down a few on some events and up a few on others. Other than the food, which we are working on, the vast majority of the comments were positive.

As for the food, there is an up side. I just ate lunch at Staffilino's in Wellsburg. I recommended it to many people at the shoot. The owner mentioned it to me today, as his numbers were up this weekend, and next year is up for possibly kicking in some gift certificates and/or awards. I know many of you left the club for dinner and lunch, and really enjoyed the local fare, Staffilino's, DJs, Undos, Peir 12, an so on. This winter in my spare time, I will contact these places and look for some sort of support for the shoot.

Thanks for coming and please come back next year

Chuck Jackson
    Brooke County ATA Rep

14. JOHN L.

JOHN L. TS Member

NEGATIVE ON THE FOOD. MORE TRAINING FOR THE SCORERS.ON CHAMPIONSHIP DOUBLES DAY HAD TROUBLE WITH SCORER, SAID QUOTE "I CAN'T SEE THE TARGETS" WAS WEARING DARK SUNGLASSES. HAD SAME SCOREKEEPER IN THE AFTERNOON FOR MAIN HANDICAP. I GOT THERE EARLY AND WATCHED COULD SEE NO ERRORS ON TWO SQUADS, MADE SOME NICE CALLS ON SMALL CHIPS. WHEN I WENT UP TO SIGN IN I NOTICED SHE WAS NOW WEARING PRESCRIPTION GLASSES. ON THE LAST TRAP THE SCOREKEEPER SAW FIT TO STOP THE SHOOT TO POLL THE SPECTATORS FOR THEIR OPINION ON A TARGET. FOR THE REST OF THE OVERWORKED CREW I HAVE NOTHING BUTADMIRATION FOR A FINE JOB. THANKSJOHN L.

15. FLIP

FLIP Member

good shoot,good people,not so good food this year,need to take 50 shells to the line to seed it up, see you next year thanks Flip

16. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

good job this weekend haydave and chuck. it takes a lot to make things go.

here's a souvenier for you.

steve.

17. Little Chuckie

Little Chuckie TS Member

Thanks for the photo. It's Classic. Also enjoyed the photo of HayDave on the other thread, eating the C------- Food. Didn't seem to phase him a bit...

Thanks

Chuck

18. SARG

SARG TS Member

HAYCHUCK--AKA--LITTLE CHUCKIE

Tried yor phone, storm must have got it.

Dont forget we have a meeting with Bates Brothers Amusements this Sat.
    You have the list of rides, make sure you mark the one H.B. requested.

HAYDAVE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.