1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTT BERETTA 687 BARREL NOW SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by captin, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

This barrel will be for sale IF and when I ever get it back !!!

Wanted to trade !!!!! 34" optima choked top single barrel (no barrel work done to it) NON ported with three chokes Mod, I mod and full,, came with a JE S. P. Great condition. Shot very little.

Want to trade for an old style 682 34" FIXED RIB--STEP RIB UNSINGLE barrel..

remove Xs from email, can email pictures..

captin

2. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Captin...

These S682X combos are "to die for"...they just keep going and going and going...

I've been contemplating an upgrade to a 682 Gold E or DT-10, but I doubt I'd be able to justify the $$$$.

I would hate to break up a matched serial number set, but I do have a 34"
    factory ported and tubed unsigle along with my 32" O/U barrels. I shoot the
    O/U barrels and rarely, if ever, use the un-single.

Open to offers...

[​IMG]

4. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

Smokn"Joe I sent you a email..

captin

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I was told that the Optima bore barrels will fit on the receiver but because the diameter of the Optima barrel is larger, the forearm would have to be opened up to accomodate the larger diameter barrel. If that is true, then the forearm fit on the O/U barrels will not be correct...

Anyone have and experience with this?

6. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

I have swapped them with old style 682 foreend wood and new style 687 forend wood from mobile choked barrels to optima choked barrels and never had to make any changes to the wood...

In fack a friend of mine just bought a new 682 Gold E forend wood for his old 682X with mobile choke barrel and it fit fine.

7. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

I used foreend wood from a old 682X with optima barrels on it without a problem. changed them from new optima barrels to mobile barrels and the other way around without any issues. And not just from two different guns but several different guns, no problems with any of them, also changed them from top single to bottom single, both ways with no issues.

The difference is the inside bore Dia. in my experence.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Captin,

Your offer to swap your top single Optima bore barrel for my Un-Single barrel is interesting, but not in my best interest...

I spoke with Joel Etchen about it...he has a barrel like yours for sale on his site for $750. It may "fit" on my S682X receiver, however, there is a difference in width of the receiver between the 682 Gold E and the S682X. The barrels may be made to fit and function but they are not interchangeable.

The weight of your barrel is Kg 1.67, my Un-Single barrel is Kg 1.96. The
    difference may be enough to throw off the way the gun balances.

The forearm iron is essentially the same, but the forearm wood on my S682X would need to be releaved to avoid cracking in order to accomodate your Optima barrel. If that is the case, it would no longer be properly fit to my O/U barrels.

Your barrel accepts Optima Choke Tubes. My barrel accepts Mobil Choke Tubes.
    They are not interchangeable and I don't want another noncompatible set of choke tubes in my gun case...

I agree that the value of your barrel and my barrel are comparable if sold separately, but because my barrel is part of a matched serial number combo set, accepting your barrel in trade for my barrel would diminish the resale value of my combo.

I respectfully decline your trade offer, but I will offer to sell you my S682X combo complete and as pictured above for it's trade in value of $2595 plus shipping and insurance.

9. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

I have heard about deals like this on this site but never happened to me,,,till now I guess..

HaHA smokin joe you need to seek help !!!! YOU are the one that contacted me wanting to trade your barrel for mine !! I posted it ant YOU are the one that offered a trade by respondint to my post as well as a email anf then you called me....

For everyone else information we agreed to trade by phone and then confirmed it by email..

I have all the emails he sent me and will by happy to post them for all to see..

He also agreed to trade ext chokes if I would sent him my ext chokes,,, then the next day he called and said he would only trade if he kept his ext chokes..

Then he said he would send the barrel Monday just as I agreed to do with mine and I SENT MY barrel to him as we agreed Priority mail Monday AM...an hour later he called me back and asked if I sent it and that he did not know if he wanted to trade or not..Than said well he did not shoot the barrel so he would go ahead and sent it AND DID NOT.

nEXT HE SAID WHEN HE GETS MY BARREL he would try it and if he likes it he might trade or do something was his words...

Now My barrel has been on the way to him since early Monday AM August 1st he has not called me YET he post it here...

This man has problems,,, Now I am out of a barrel to shoot until and IF HE SENDS my barrel back. Also out of shipping cost...

I will post this in another thread and email anyone the emails he sent me to show I am RIGHT.

captin

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Captin,

As I assured you yesterday, your barrel will be returned unopened along with
    a Postal Money Order to reinburse your shipping charges. I am invoking the usual and customary three day inspeciton courtesy without even looking at your barrel. I regret to inform you that your barrel is not interchangeable with my 682 as you insist. My offer to sell you my combo at the aforementioned price is good for seven days.

11. captin

captin TS Member

0   0   0

No you said you had to think about it over night. But you would call me and didn't, or you would just send it cause you didn't ever use it.

YEA you also assured me you were sending me the barrel we traded for three days ago to NOW DID YOU NOT ??? Your words were and I can show you the emails Priority mail it is I;ll get it ready and send it out tomorrow,,,,and that was Sunday...

I would never send you a penny for anything you have for fear you would do me the same way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.