1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wtt 686 barrel and need advice

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by dwpelle, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwpelle

dwpelle Member

0   0   0

Hello,

Well, here's the story. I have been through a lot of buying and selling on this board and various others and I have never had an issuenwith what I was sold or what I sold to another. But, recently (picked up today) I bought a 686 white onyx sporting. The Add said it had 28" barrels. Picked it up and it has 30". Now I had the same gun in a 32" and I sold it because it was too long ( I am a shorter guy) and I had a 20ga in 28 inch that worked great for skeet and trap and wanted a 12. So anyway, I was wondering what you all would do..? I don't know if it's worth the hassle to send the gun back and search for another gun in the same price range with a 28" barrel. But I do feel a little screwed.

Either way if someone wants an optima bore 30" 686 sporting barrel I would Gladly trade for an optima bore 28" 686 Sporting barrel.

As always kind regards and good shooting

Dominic

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I would try the barrels out because 2" of length and weight can make a big difference in feel and responce.

The other part of this equasion is the 30" barrels are worth more and easier to sell than the 28".

ss

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

What SS said... Great advice Mike

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I have new 28" Optima Sport barrel sets from Beretta for your 686. I have several 30" sets as well. What's your proposal on your barrels? The barrel sets are $1259.00 out right.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

5. dwpelle

dwpelle Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Mike, I sent you an email.

Truthfullly, I am surprised more people don't think it is outrageous to advertise the wrong barrel length.

Dominic

6. steveziv

steveziv Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If you ordered a 28" barreled gun and received a 30" through no fault of your own you should advise the seller asap and return it asap. They should pay for shipping both ways since the product was not as advertised (or they made a mistake).

Even if you can find someone with a new 28" barrel willing to trade, you may very well need to pay to have the new barrels fitted.

Unless someone has stepped forward to solve your problem I'd make the seller make it right. Sorry that what was probably an exciting acquisition has become a PITA for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.