1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS - Trade for Trap Gun - Weatherby 270 Mag

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by hejumper, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hejumper

hejumper Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have a 1974'ish 270 Mag, NEVER FIRED. Looking at several guns on this website but would help if I can use the 270 as a partial trade.

I am looking for guns like: KS-5 Special, KX5, Beretta Gold E Trap Combo, Beretta Gold E Trap 34" Single, Citori Trap or Trap Combo, or?

Thanks, Larry

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Is this Weatherby German or Japanese? I Have acouple of trap guns that suit you.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. hejumper

hejumper Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi Mike, I purchased it in 1974 so probably Japanese? I've had it in my father-in-laws gun safe for 34 years. It is a couple hours drive from me, but I'll try to have him take some photos of it which I'll post in the next day or two. As I stated in the original posting it is 100% with beautiful wood. The low end of my gun search is a BT100 with a monte carlo stock w adjust comb (and thanks to one of the fellows on this website for all the info). Pref is a KS5-Special or KX5.
    v/r
    Larry

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hejumper, This rifle could be either Jap or German in that timeframe. Now it is pretty clear it is a Mark V. I would be interested in seeing pictures as well. While not in the market for such a rifle I enjoy such. Thanks, Mike....

5. hejumper

hejumper Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

HI MIke, I've asked my father-in-law to try and take photos. Should have some in a day or two. In thinking about guns I have, that I don't shoot, I also have a very nice S&W 44 mag pistol. I'll include a photo of that in case anyone is interested in taking it as a partial trade.
    Larry

6. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Does it also have a Weatherby scope on it?

7. hejumper

hejumper Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No scope, never taken out of the gun safe once purchased.

I do have a nice Viper PST on order for my Weatherby 300 Mag (not for sale)

I also found my Browning Model 71 348 cal "High Grade" - never fired, in the box - for sale

So that is a Weatherby 270 Mag, never fired, Browning Mod 71 High Grade never fired, and a S&W Mod 29 44 cal in excellent shape, maybe 200 rounds through it.

8. cotton

cotton Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Larry,
    I have a Remington 3200 special trap with 30" barrels choked mod. and full. Not sure if you'd be interested, but thought I'd throw it out there and see what ya thought. Let me know, Danny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.