1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: Sprfld Armory 1911 IPSC Limited 45

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I have my Springfield Armory 1911-A1 IPSC Limited up for sale. It has most of the mods allowed for this class. It is NOT set up for carry. It has a 2 lb trigger, but the hammer does not follow the slide. All safeties and such work.

My main computer is in the shop, and I cannot post pics until Monday evening (I hope).

The Pistol is in 45 cal, has Bomar rear and patridge front, fitted Colt's Natl' Match bbl and bushing, and basically has the original frame, slide, and slide stop with all other custom parts hand fitted to gun. The gun is about 95% with a small rub area on the left side of the slide above the stop from a speed holster.

Although set up to endure Major ammo (230 gr bullet at chrono'd 775 fps), it is extremely accurate with mid range ammo if the 18 lb recoil spring is swapped out for a 16. I do not remember it EVER stopping during a match or practice. Replacing the sear spring can bring the trigger pull up to NRA Bullseye requirements.

This was the very last 1911 I built when I had a full line gunsmith shop. This pistol would cost about $2000 to build at today's prices. It has languished in my safe long enough. My favorite 45 is the Smith M-625 revolver. I do not have to chase brass!

Firearm comes with 9 stainless Shooting Star mags with brass weights.

$950 shipped. $900 FTF in Middle Tenn area.

Do NOT download IE 8 if you have Service Pack 3. When I told my computer guy this, he said, "OH NO!". It has been in the shop for several days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.