1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: RUGER LCP PISTOL (NEW) $275

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Silverhawk, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

0   0   0

Ready to ship Ruger LCP pistol in 380 cal. A great little pocket gun. It is a post recall model, that comes with the padded zipper case, one mag and finger extention..BRAND NEW!! $275 plus $15.00 shipping..Please let me know you saw the ad here..
    THanks for looking.
    [​IMG]

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Why the sale? We cannot keep these little critters in stock long enough to put a tag on them!

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Great gun. We are finally caught up with orders at the shop. I really enjoy mine...pocket holster, you almost forget it is there.

One caution...and this is not a fault of the gun but a caution for anyone using an autoloader: when unloading the gun, take the cartridge that was in the chamber and do not put it back in first place in the magazine. If you want to run a test, take one cartridge, chamber it from the magazine, pull the slide to eject it, put it back in and do this several times. If you mike it after the second or third chambering, you'll find it has shortened..or telescoped. This will raise pressures to possible disastrous levels. Better to put it at the bottom of the mag and when you've been through the whole mag, start a new one. Shoot those up for practice after they've each been chambered once.

I ran this test with Cor Bon, Winchester, some old S&W, and Rems. All telescoped to some degree after multiple chamberings.

We've taught this to police for years since the introduction of semi autos for duty use.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

where are you?

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Savage99AStan, I have no idea where you got this information, or what your test consisted of. But, just to give it a try, I used my 9MM ARuger P-89 and tried the chambering thingy for a total of 10 times.

Same round was loaded on top of a loaded mag, in order to be the first round chambered.

Out of the box, the round measured 1.157. After every chambering, it was re-measured.

After chambering the round amd measuring each time the round still measured 1.157.

Ammo used was Winchester 9mm Luger, 115 GR. FULL METAL JACKET, as listed on the box.

Personally, I have never heard of what you are describing as ever happened, Not to say that ammo won't stretch, if the crimp is not tight. But, factory ammo,???????

6. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

0   0   0

trapshootin hippie,

He's saying it will collapse like a telescope. That reduces the volume inside the case and drives pressure up. I have seen it happen with factory .45 auto before.

R/s,<br />
    Charlie

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

"He's saying it will collapse like a telescope."

I realize that, but the round I tested neither collapsed or stretched. Ya think maybe it was a "fluke" round?

Gne J

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Bullet being pushed in? I've never heard of that either. I tried it with my Sig P220, Mec-Gar mag. 230 grain Win JHP 1.213" same after 10 loads. Tried the long Taurus Hex cartridge (Barnes bullet) 185 grain, 1.238" same after 10 loads. Wayne

9. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for posting the pic..Thought I did it right...I'm located in PA...Just selling htme as I got a few in last week..Time to move em...THey are great little pocket guns. I carry one all the time..I ran 400 round through it out of the box with No problems at all

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Do you have a contact number ..? If you do please PM me, I have a friend thats interested in one and will have him call you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Great little guns... now if we could only find ammo..

And, please note, DO NOT USE Magtech auto+P ammo in this gun..

or any +P for that matter...

per Ruger, and people are posting about blowing the barrels and then claiming they didn't read the book where it's clearly stated...

Jim

Michigan

12. Savage99Stan

0   0   0

Had it happen on the LCP with CorBon and S&W JHP. Had it happen a few years back with a S&W 39. My reloading procedure now includes a "press test" after taper crimping....push the loaded round against bathroom scales, bullet against the scales. Should not move with less than thirty to forty pounds. Got this information from two sources...."Complete Book of the 45" and another one on the 9mm. I don't reload 380.

Could be the feed ramp on the LCP is a little steeper and the nose of the bullet hits a little harder. All I know for sure is that the darn things can slide back in the case and less room in the case means higher pressure. BTW, that 39 blew out the bottom of the case where it was unsupported, cracked on grip panel and ruined the magazine.

13. Savage99Stan

0   0   0

Also...I didn't say it WOULD, I said it could. Wouldn't you agree that is is wiser to take a look at the round you remove from the chamber before putting it back in the magazine? No, I'm not an alarmist, just sensibly cautious. Never saw the wisdom in taking a chance where one didn't need to be taken.

Sorry if I upset anyone...just hate to see a fellow shooter have a problem.

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Some firearms with steep feed ramps and some ammo with light crimps will indeed do this. This can cause a catastrophic failure, as in KABOOM.

I load commercial ammo, and can say that proper crimp is cardinal. Some "big boy's" ammo has little crimp.

15. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

0   0   0

Still have one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wts lcp