1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Remington 31 TC custom

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by brianedward69, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianedward69

brianedward69 Member

0   0   0

30" barrel, custom wood. Very clean with a few handling marks on the barrel. LOP 14 5/8 with 1 1/8 pad, DOC 1 1/2"

$3750

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You have GOT to be kidding!!

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

A very nice 31:)

ss

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I knew my old 31 would come back to haunt me some day.

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

SWEET................

6. shrek

shrek Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

that one is a dandy!!!

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You could not duplicate that gun for $4,000. However, how many people want a $4,000 #31?

8. brianedward69

brianedward69 Member

0   0   0

I agree 100%. Engraving probably around $3000, Custom wood $1800, nice gun to start process $600 a year and half wait to get it done. If someone has an offer in mind PM me.

9. tgs1420

tgs1420 TS Member

0   0   0

Awesome, and this will be another arguement starter but well worth a couple nites on the couch !

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

First let me say this is a nice looking gun just from the pictures with one exception. The engraving on the top of the reciever needs to go- who would want that?

I dont know what this is worth replacement wise but I do suspect that replacement cost and what it would sell for are light years apart. No collectors value but there is a value to people who like tasty engraving and very nice wood on an American classic ( just not factory)

I would like to own this gun- not sure what I would like to pay for it and the poster of this thread didnt ask

Change the engraving on top or there probably is not a market at all- thats not a hard change for another engraver to make

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. brianedward69

brianedward69 Member

0   0   0

What Gene, you never run 100 straight, or won a championship?

Sorry I thought the funny thing to say. LOL

12. overbored

overbored Member

0   0   0

Gene is very limited in the scope of things.

Butttt I would not pay $750.00 for a $150.00 dog either!!!!!!!

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That poor middle duck! His wings are attached at the end of his body and he has a chicken bill. Makes no sense to me that the engraver did a reasonable job on the other two and botched the middle duck so badly. Sad to say but most people do not have a clue as to what constitutes "good" engraving. Not meant as a slam just a critique of the engravers skill. If a bird in any way shape or form looks like a cartoon character or something that a 4 year old draws it falls quite quickly out of the realm of good engraving. The checkering is well done but sadly is of a far better quality then the wood. The wood is of a very average grade. Somebody had a gun built for a friend or family member that at the time was representative of a shooters ability. I am sure this gun was special for that person. However if any of us were to drop 5,000 to have checkering or engraving done it wouldn't be a copy of this regardless of what current replacement cost is. Sadly this gun's real value is as a shooter for somebody that wants a Tc-31. Value? I would put it at 1500 and hope to find a guy that just appreciates it for what it is and not what it once was or could have been.

14. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Jeff I missed that duck-- the duck can be fixed though- I just glanced at it

scroll work is more expensive- or good scroll work

I agree with you about lucky to find someone to buy it.

I bet the person that owns this didnt pay a lot to get it- he might have paid 1/3 of what you think he will be lucky to get Jeff

regards from Iowa

Gene

15. brianedward69

brianedward69 Member

0   0   0

$1500, I will take a truck load Mr. Super X, bring em on.

I bet you are from Iowa just like gene.

And thank to you all that have PM'd me about gene and his miss-guided thoughts, the mental support is overwhelming, I am relatively new to TS and he does have a fan club of sorts......LOL

16. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Well what did you pay for it Brian? Did you pay 1500 for this or much less? Thinking you were getting a bargain? and could just wave a wand and say its worth 5000 and someone would buy it? Non factory engraving ( some not good) and a non factory stock ( I like the stock) on a model 31, which is a gun I think was long undervalued but it is undervalued.

Read my post- I point out the positives-

no Jeff isnt from Iowa and we disagree on things at times. I just agreed with him here.

Note the post on another thread about a model 31. "I do not hunt but I recently picked up a nice 30 inch fixed full 12 gauge Remington 31 field gun. The price for this fine piece of engineering was only $265.

Seeing the price to be so low, I am wondering if hunters still use guns like this, and if not, what are they using and for what type of game? "

why is his orginal gun worth so much less than your non orignal gun- that started out as a field grade also didnt it?

17. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

BTW Brian- you say the gun has 100 percent engraving

I just looked- maybe 30 percent- open areas dont count

You will know a gun that has 100 percent engraving and this isnt it.

So was this a TC- have you or anyone checked the serial number?

regards from Iowa

Gene

18. brianedward69

brianedward69 Member

0   0   0

You will take note that after the %, there is a "." ....I agreed with the gentleman 100% on his previous post, simple english, taught in Iowa schools I assume...... then...... a new thought after the "."..... An engraving cost est. The rest I will not comment on as it is just fodder, or as the youth of today would say blah blah blah blah.

This is a nice custom gun as represented and is worth what someone is willing to pay. That is all any gun is worth. I simlpy presented a gun for sale on TS if you are interested in buying please contact me. If not and you are bored with life or have no life or you are a self proclaimed expert or even a "village idiot" than post some more fodder!

That's the spirit Greg!!

19. 333t

333t Member

0   0   0

It would be interesting to know the history of this gun. It would seem possible to contact some gun engravers and possibly determine who the engraver was. It looks like a gun that may have been awarded as a prize somewhere. In any case, it is a beautiful and unique 31TC and to a collecter of embellished firearms, probably not overpriced. The market for guns like this is narrow and TS.com is probably not the best place to sell it. A consignment arangement with a well known dealer of high end guns may be more productive in my opinion.

Phil

PS:
    Checkout the website above for another unique Remington 31.

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's sad when an informed opinion is seen as an attack. You got an offer of 1600.00. Take it and be happy as that is more then the gun is worth. You have found somebody who will enjoy it for what it is and that is all you can hope for. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington tc31