1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***WTS Perazzi TM-1***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Stl Flyn, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

That is what is referred as a TM-4, even though it is in reality a TM-1. The four bars on the side make it a TM-4. Imported by Ithaca. Very nice gun, and in great shape for its age. Around 1976 MFG.

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

1976 is correct...it was made at the time of the Montreal Olympics.

TM-4 ??? I've never seen that reference.

The receiver should be stamped TM1.
    They did come with Perazzi OEM TYPE I choke tubes. If I'm not mistaken this was the last Ithaca import before Winchester began importing the Perazzi TM1.
    They had a tapered rib and competition style forearm and came with or without
    choke tubes. The tubed model was stamped TMS.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The receiver is stamped TM-1, but they have been referred to as a TM-4. Here is one I restored. I believe there was a MT-6 that was the version of the O/U that had six bars on the receiver, from that same year. There was one for sale on here not to long ago.
    stlflyn_2010_0704101.jpg

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

careful Joe, it was the MT-6 that was introduced in '76 Olympics. Not much use for an SBT at Olympic games!

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Oh Elmer...that's why we keep you around! See U 2 Nite...

StlFlyn...you've got one of my all time favorite SBTs! Nice job on the restoration too!

Okay...question for both of YOUZ...did all these "MT-4s" have zebra stripes?

6. snkypete

snkypete Member

0   0   0

The TM1 with the striped receiver and choke tubes were an Ithaca import. The red Test Certificate and Gurantee card that came with my gun lists the model as TMS and lists the manufacture date as April 7, 1978.

The frame is stamped TM1. Hope this helps with the discussion.

Richard

7. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Richard,

Thanks for the update...my TMS was a Winchester import and the frame is
    stamped TMS. I believe your Ithaca "TM-4" was one of the last Ithaca import
    Perazzis before the switch to Winchester.

Still one of my all time favorite SBTs!

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

cl3,

Comp 4...that's another new one on me. Since you have the 1975 catalogue maybe you can answer my previous question about this series...

I am of the impression that the receivers were available with "silver" stripes or all blue...I've seen them both ways, although some were obviously re-reblued, I've been told that the silver stripes were an option.

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nick,

I think you're right...but I've had people insist otherwise.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Stripes were usually left in the "white".........but who knows with P. They made exceptions to their catalog photos.

11. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Stl Flyn started another thread with great pictures of his TM-4 at the same reduced price...I am surprised it's still available, but I doubt it will survive another price cut. Still one of my favorite SBTs.

12. jfoster1957

jfoster1957 TS Member

0   0   0

Maybe I am missing it but what are you asking for the gun. Thanks Joel Foster

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

JFoster...StlFlyn started a new thread with some better pictures...he's asking $1750. Tell him Smok'n Joe sent you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.