1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: Perazzi MX20 (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by sernv99, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SOLD

I bought this Perazzi from a fellow shooter who evidently didn't know how to properly lubricate a gun. There is some galling on one side of the receiver. I bought it to use as a backup gun but I want to focus on another project gun I am constructing so out she goes.

Perazzi MX20, nickel receiver, serial 141xxx, he bought it a year ago new and shot it for a few rounds of skeet and put it back in the safe. I recently picked it up from him.

Barrels are 15.9mm diameter, weight is stamped as 1.48kg, 3" chambers, half vent. rib, white target bead with brass mid bead. They measure just under 30", although they were ordered at 29.5". Factory choke tubes (0,0,2,4,6,8,10) with choke key. No barrel work was done.

There is galling on one side of the receiver. There are several handling marks, light impressions on the butt stock. Other than that, this gun is tight. The forearm is still very much tight and a pain to get on and off. Lever is way to the right. Decelerator pad on the butt stock.

Stock: right hand palm swell, LOP measures approx 15 1/4" by my measurement. The previous owner told me he ordered the stock with DAC at 1 7/8" and DAH at 2 1/4". Forearm wood, forearm iron, barrels, and receiver all have matching serial numbers.

Trigger guard: there is a small spot where the blue has come off. It is shown in the pics. The other "white spot" in the pic is flash from my camera.

$6300 shipped to the lower 48 states. Send me a message on here if interested. NO trades. No parting out of the gun.

more pics here:

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j440/perazzimx20gauge/

sernv99_2008_290959.jpg

sernv99_2008_290960.jpg

sernv99_2008_290961.jpg

sernv99_2008_290962.jpg

sernv99_2008_290963.jpg

sernv99_2008_290964.jpg

2. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The forend being very tight is part of your galling problem. That is very easily fixed at the lug on the barrel where the forend latches. I have fitted these before. When the forend iron is very tight against the action, you are asking for galling issues.

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

On a previous Perazzi I had owned (MX8) and on a Zoli Z gun I had owned as well, the forearm was as tight as this forearm is. Both of those guns were bought off the shelf, brand new, and didn't exhibit galling after a few months of use. I thought maybe this was an attribute of Perazzi and Zoli guns, hence why I didn't think it was contributing to the galling. Thanks for the heads up on this though.

4. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Some are tighter than others. Some are excessively tight. Granted, even with a forend that is tighter than it should be, you will likely overcome galling with proper lubrication. (and the proper lube) If your forend iron isn't so tight, you can 'get away with' some things....let's say a little under lubrication. However, if you have an excessively tight forend iron and you under lubricate, you are in trouble. Either way, there is no replacement for properly lubing metal to metal contact poing like forend iron to action and barrel lug to trunions. What I am saying is that excessively tight forend irons will rear their head if you don't do everything perfectly.

5. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

0   0   0

Shouldnt there be galling on the forend iron also?
    Strange that its galling on nickel plate,I suspect it may polish out with diamond lapping compound,maybe not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mx20 foreand and iron sale