1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: Militaria - US Patches & Medals (Updated)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Em_One, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

Hi all,

I've decided to part with a few more things to pay some bills off that I'd love to keep, but figured I'd be better off having less debt than a collection of things I just look at now and then.

Here's what I have:

WWII Era:

Front:

001-1.jpg

Backs:

002-1.jpg

Vietnam era to Present:

Front:

003-1.jpg

Backs:

004-1.jpg

MEDALS:

005.jpg

Left to Right.

Expert Marksman w/Rifle bar. Main medal has these markings on back: N. S. Meyer Inc. New York. Below that: a shield with a 22 over an M. To the right of that, the word STERLING. To the right, another shield marking. The RIFLE bar itself has the shield with 22 over an M, STERLING, and another shield logo.

National Defense Medal. Front has Eagle with National Defense. Back has Union Shield with half-wreath below. On the pin there is a diamond logo with the letters G I.

Marksman Medal. Main part is unmarked. Carbine bar has STERLING on the back.

I've collected these over the years from military shops, flea markets, tag sales, etc.. I really have no idea how to price them - which ones are more rare, etc..

I'd prefer to sell it as a "lot", all together or in partial lots (WWII, Modern, Medals). Shipping is in a USPS Flat Rate Box ($5).

1) For the 14 WWII era patches I'm asking $8 each/$110 for all 14. Plus shipping.

2) For the 15 Vietnam era-Present patches, I'm asking $6 each/$90 for all 15. Plus shipping.

3) For the medals, $18 each, $50 all three. Plus shipping.

4) Buy everything for $250 and free shipping.

Thanks!

em_one3006@yahoo.com

2. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

Up...offers?

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm told that military stuff sells big on E-Bay

4. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Joe, but I'd like to avoid E-Bay...by the time the seller is done with fees they're better off having sold them elsewhere. I have these posted on the CMP Forum as well...not really in a hurry to sell.

5. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

6. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

7. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I will submit you have about $15 worth of merchandise. Some of the punk rockers like to put these on their jeans and jackets. Not sure who else would want them that didn't earn them.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I will submit that was a low blow "amboy". People collect these patches. I don't believe he passed them off as something that they were not.

9. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sorry - I have an inherent problem with the sale of military memorabilia. I doubt most who earned it wouldn't choose to sell it- and those that didn't earn it don't have much of a right to wear it or sell it.

10. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

Amboy:

1st: I'm selling items, not starting a debate. Nobody asked for your opinion - and thankfully you don't get to dictate what people have the "right" to do. I have an inherent problem with people who don't know when to mind their own business. $15 would buy you the 28th Infantry patch...by itself. At least according to a Militaria site I viewed. If you had half a clue, you'd comprehend the reason I'm asking the price I am and listing them here and on military forums, is to target serious collectors who know and respect their worth, so these don't end up on some punk rocker's outfit.

2nd: I don't appreciate your implications about "earning", wearing, whatever these items. They're historical pieces of American military uniforms. Should somebody who didn't "earn" a Garand, O3 Springfield, whatever be allowed to own it according to you? I collected these from the time I was old (young) enough to walk around the flea market and buy them for a few bucks because I looked up to the military and viewed preserving/collecting them as my way of keeping history alive.

Since you're so offended, send me the cash and I'll send you the items to disperse as you see fit. As the saying goes, put up or....

11. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

0   0   0

Up!

Offers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.