1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Marlin Model 336 Carbine Sold PF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Dustoff, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

For sale, a nice, Marlin Model 336 Carbine. It was made in North Haven, Conn. and is a caliber .35 Remington. It has the Micro-Grove barrel. The barrel is 19 1/2" long, Marlin calls it a 20". The .35 Remington with the 200 grain bullet is considered a fine round for large deer, elk and black bear. The price is $550.00 plus shipping. Please send me a pm if you have any questions or comments. Thanks for looking!

2. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

3. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

A deer/ hog/ black bear rifle supreme for sale here...glad to see the rear sling swivel stud wasn't screwed into the buttstocks bulleye trademark as most nimrods tend to do ruining part of the provenance of the deluxe nature of the gun..If I didn't already have 4 35's I'd be considering dealing on this one

5. Bob M

Bob M Member

0   0   0

That gun stoked with 200 grain Remington CLRN's is a classic 'meat on the ground' combo. Beautiful stock too!

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Great firearm, I really like mine, solid and very dependable.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If'n I didn't have my 1895's in 38-56, 40-82, and 45/70 I'd think hard on that one...

8. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Everybody who loves levers NEEDS a 35 Mike!
    I love those Buffalo Bore loads pushing 220gr Speers at near 2300 out of my old 336DL 24" barrel..It knocks stuff down dead and Ive shot big tough critters lengthwise with it and have yet to ever recover a single slug...real Marlins in that condition are never going to go down in price as they get scarcer

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Calvin, my grandfather hunted for many years with an old Marlin 336A with a 24" barrel chambered for .35 Rem. A box of cartridges would last him for many years, as most deer went down with one shot.

10. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

They are cool for sure Brian..mine with the long barrel ia actually a ADL ...long barrel with deluxe checkered wood..they don't make them like that no more

11. parrothead

parrothead Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I guess I'm one of those nimrods. It seemed like a perfect place for the rear swivel stud to me. At least at the time.

12. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Easy to fix Parrot...believe it or not its one of the most common value depreciators of old Marlins...that little $3 bullseye being drilled out will pidgeon hole you to the tune of $75

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

All of mine have the swivel stud and since I intend to keep them it doesn't matter. At my age if I have to do a lot of walking carrying my rifle it makes it nice to hang over my shoulder so I can use my hands in case I lose my balance. Jackie B.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I believe what Calvin is saying about the effect of having the stock in factory original condition on resale value but like Jackie B. my ol 336 is not going to market in my lifetime. It was my first 'deer rifle' which cost me the huge fortune of $76 (brand new from KMart) when I was 12. I wouldn't take 10x that price today just because of all the good times I have had with that rifle.

40 years later the ol 336 still has great blueing but the bullseye has been replaced with a piece of birch dowel and the stock is oil finished. Gone too are the white line spacers. I actually still shoot the gun regularly with inexpensive low vel cast bullets. Great plinker and many great hunts to remember everytime I take it out.

15. SPW895

SPW895 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

pm sent.

Stan