1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

WTS KRIEGHOFF SUPER CROWN

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by JTPTM1, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

0   0   0

gun from estate. told it was super crown bessler engraved. k32. 30,34. no sear upgrade. pull, pull. gun is beautiful. pics of top lever shows position on each bbl. undersingle has factory choke tube (1). have an additional stock that looks as good or better then one on gun. mc trap. i'm sure there will be a bunch of questions so hit my e-mail. new one. jtpincgc@gmail.com. asking 10k with stock shown. don't know krieghoffs, only perazzi so tell me what you think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

0   0   0

It is not a supercrown-- might not even be a factory crown- it might be also but that top latch isnt

what is the serial number range?
  3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Believe its an early Crown Grade , only three inlays on each side and not multi-color , Niemeier cut all the Super Crowns and would be signed just behind the safety. What is the serial number range? Jeff
  4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...looks like the one that Paxton sold a couple months ago, it had a very low s/n and the top latch had been scarfed at some point.
  5. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu TS Member

0   0   0

Can't believe I am actually going to agree with Gene on this one (no offense Gene, just good winter fun)! The latch is definitely not a Crown grade, but perhaps that was replaced to achieve the far right position on the top lever.

Nonetheless, what a beautiful gun. I think the price is near what it will bring. I need to sell and SKB GC7 and then I am in the market!
  6. KRK32

KRK32 TS Member

0   0   0

Very nice but i wonder why the owner didnt get the sear spring upgrade when they had the k80 trigger added. Also its kinda tough to tell but the trigger guard looks like K80 also. Kirk
  7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

0   0   0

Did they make factory un-singles on M32s? I don't think they came along until the K80s.
  8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Active Member

0   0   0

Gene has forgotten more about the Krieghoff than most folks will ever know.
  9. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

0   0   0

ok. crown not super crown. not trying to fool anybody just don't know krieghoffs. it was sold to a friend as a super crown. then told it wasn't. was told the engravers name. signature is stylized so i'm not 100% sure. i will post pic of it. gun was sold to a friend about 3 years ago. i believe he paid around 15k and was taken for a ride. don't know sellers name. don't think it was paxton. it is an early gun. serial no. 2046 stamped on receiver and both bbls. o/u bbls stamped "krieghoff ulm" with an additional 564 underneath the serial no. undersingle stamped "made in w-germany shotguns of ulm". will take additional detailed pics when sun comes out. was told the trigger had been updated then that the sears hadn't been. will take stock off and you guys can tell me.will post a new thread kreighoff crown grade. gn777777 any help would be appreciated. forget the price at this point. its real pretty though. how about all serious offers considered with 3 day inspection.
    thanks for all your help. joe pires
  10. AveragEd

AveragEd Active Member

0   0   0

It's unlikely the person who had the trigger group updated had financial concerns, but when I had a K-80 trigger group and hammers installed in my Model 32's receiver, I passed on the sear spring update because of its cost. Beside that, the old-style springs, while prone to breakage, could be replaced in minutes using just the stock wrench and a needle-nose plier. Upon request, Krieghoff would send you a small bag of right and left side springs at no charge.

Ed
  11. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

0   0   0

Allems did have some K32 unsingles made up-- as I remember- someone asked that question above-- and then they had a run of aluminum ribbed barrels made also?

They were a big dealer and could ask for that stuff

Gene

PS- I have had that same top latch shown on several lightweights I have owned--

PPS that purple color doesnt mean it has been reblued- it means it was probably heat treated when it was blued

btw- rebluing is not necessarily a bad thing
  12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

Not to hijack, but in the case of Ruger 3-screw single actions, Purple is an indicator of factory blue. The purple is from the metal alloy used in the base structure of the gun metal reacting the bluing salts used. A couple Ruger 3-screw single actions are highly desirable because of the 'purple' color. Many customers shipped their guns back to Ruger in the 60's & 70's and had them 'reblued' to get rid of the purple color. Now they are collectors items. I have one of the 3-screw 44 magnums with original purple grip frame. If I were guessing (which I am) about the Krieghoff 'purple' I would guess that the purple is original bluing gone "bad".
  13. AveragEd

AveragEd Active Member

0   0   0

Gene, Allem's made up those unsingle barrels themselves. John Allem recently showed me the last new one he had, still in the white, and told me that he used aluminum for the rib because it was higher than a Krieghoff "flat rib" so it would be compatible with Model 32s with Vandalia-ribbed O/U barrels. Making the rib of steel would have made the unsingle barrel significantly heavier than the O/U.

By the way, John is keeping that last new barrel for a special project.

Ed
  14. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

0   0   0

please disregard this thread. revised one with new and better pics posted. go to WTS K32 CROWN REVISED NEW PICS. thanks, joe
  15. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

0   0   0

gun sold pending funds. thanks for all the info and interest. joe pires
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.