1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS K-80 Receiver & iron, or trade SPF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by K.80, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

Want to sell K80 Receiver & Iron. The Receiver was looked at about a year ago by Krieghoff and is in excellent condition. Has upgraded super scroll cap.
    Is in the 251 serial number. Will also take a beretta 390 gold or will also consider any 1911 and cash if anyone is interested. Asking $3550.00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

ttt

3. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

That does not look like a superscroll top latch-- but I do think it looks nice.

It looks like a K32 san remo top latch with some scroll added-- the old San Remo pattern- that you found on K32s and the first few K80 San Remo and even Bavaria pattern guns- some which were not imported through Ottsville

Plus a lot of those engraved K32 latches were oversized and then annealed to soften them for engraving and never rehardened. There were a lot of oversized San Remo top latches sold at closeout for $25 a couple of years back by a major dealer. I would talk to whomever you got that latch from and get the exact details before posting it as a K80 superscroll latch--Not all engravers annealed them either and the engraving seems to be shallower on those that arent annealed.

There are lots of very nice after market engraved top latches and entire guns--

The general procedure would be that if you sent the gun to a manufacturer like Krieghoff and it had a non standard part such as a non hardened top latch that for example then they, the manufacturer, would confiscate or consider confiscating the top latch-

I am not stating that the toplatch isnt of good value. It all is in the eye of the beholder and it looks pretty nice to me. I assume though that you did add it and it didnt come with the gun.

I am just giving you my opinion and there are several other people that post here that have a lot of knowledge of firearms and Krieghoff's and they will probably note what I have noted also.

Frankly I am not sure anyone has done a lot of safety checking on top latches that arent surfaced hardened either. Its all good German steel

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

ttt

6. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

TTT

7. 1armstrong

1armstrong TS Member

0   0   0

VERY NICE---

8. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

9. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

ttt

10. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

11. K.80

K.80 TS Member

0   0   0

TTT

12. sebaka

sebaka Member

0   0   0

IT LOOKS LIKE GN77777 IS UP TO HIS USUAL. FIRST THAT IS A BLUED K80 SUPER SCROLL TOP LATCH. SINCE WHEN DID A KRIEGHOFF MODEL 32 OVERSIZED TOP LATCH BECOME A NON STANDARD PART? GN777777 AS USUAL YOU INJECT SOME MISLEADING DIATRIBE THAT IS NOT RELEVANT TO THE ITEM FOR SALE. WHO WOULD WASTE THE TIME AND MONEY TO HAVE A MODLE 32 TOP LATCH ANNEAL SOFTENED, REWORKED, ENGRAVED THEN ANNEAL HARDENED AND REBLUED JUST FOR HAVING ADDITIONAL SCROLL ENGRAVING ADDED. IF YOU ARE SO FAMILIAR WITH THAT PROCESS IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU PROBABLY DID. IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU STOPPED ADDING COMMENTS OF THIS TYPE TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUALS F/S POST. K.80 GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE, THAT IS A NICE RECEIVER AND IRON WITH A UPGRADED SUPER SCROLL TOP LATCH.

BTW, IOWA CAN BE AN ACRONYM FOR TWO PHRASES
    INTELLIGENCE OF WORLDLY ABOUND OR, IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND.
    YOU DECIDE....

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I like Gene and had 2 very good deals from him and will still treat him with respect but I get sick of the outbreaks of posters breaking into someones thread with their ego remarks---Not necessary for those who are trying to sell with their integrity---It should be left to the seller and buyer to work it out.JMO---George@SJB---

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Krieghoff top latches shown

Sebaka - Jeff- did you sell him this top latch?

I wouldnt say anything but when someone claims they have added a superscroll top latch and it is obviously not so- than someone else snowed him/her.

I pmd him first

The seller should withdraw his post and go back and get his money back from the person that sold it to him

Regards from Iowa

PS- Dupont had a couple of hundred of oversized san remo top latches that they sold a couple of years ago for $25 each

Gene

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

'The seller should withdraw his post and go back and get his money back from the person that sold it to him' The Krieghoff GOD has spoken.

Mike.

16. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sure it is not a "Super Standard" which was below the Super Scroll.

17. sebaka

sebaka Member

0   0   0

Yeah I know about the oversized top latches. That news is as old as krieghoffs model 32s. If this gun does not have a K80 Superscroll Top Latch then what is it? I have seen more than one of those TOP latches on a K80 Blued Super Scroll. I put the comments out there so maybe you guys would think to put those comments in a PM to a seller if their is a question about what is being posted for sale. If I am wrong about the Top Latch on his gun I will retract statement and say my mistake, sorry.... I don't think I am wrong about that top latch. Like I said it would be a lot of work and cost to upgrade a Model 32 Top latch with that scroll engraving put it on that K80 R/I and sell it for $4250.00. Gene or Mike, Tell me I am wrong about the cost to rework a Model 32 Top to that extent? Wasted $$$$

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Like you say,I personally would not pay to have a San Remo top latch reworked. But that looks like a San Remo with added scroll work. Either way I like the thing the way it is. There are too many nice top latches out there to go spending money to add scroll work to a latch. Maybe the seller was told that it was a super scroll latch,and that is what he believes,and that is why he put it in his ad that way. I don't think he would be deliberately trying to make up a story. MOST people on here a pretty honest and most have enough couth no to bad rap someones product. Mike.

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike---Sellers need thick skin on this site---George

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

George, on the other side of the coin we could all refrain from making negative comments on the thread. Gene said he PM'd the guy first. He should have left it at that. It's a dam nice gun. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.