1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: Glock 19 Gen lll SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by art g, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. art g

art g Member

0   0   0

Offered here is a Glock 19 pistol (9mm) in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition with less than 100 rounds through it since new. Includes original box, manual, two 15 round magazines, loader, cleaning rod and brush all as received from the factory. SOLD. $425 plus $15 to ship to your FFL anywhere in the lower 48 where legal. Please E-mail me with any questions and thank you for your interest! artgsc@aol.com

6349477894_edefc706f8_z.jpg

6348641795_feb82aa4b7_z.jpg

6348642217_187cf536b2_z.jpg

2. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

Pm sent

3. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

0   0   0

That is a good buy on a G19! If I didnt already own 1 I would jump on it

Oscar

4. glock22

glock22 TS Member

0   0   0

Good buy Glocks are great!

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Art:
    Email sent. I will take it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

I sent a note to art last night, no reply as of yet.

Jas

7. art g

art g Member

0   0   0

Glock 19 has been sold to Gene. Best regards, Art G.

8. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

Hey Art, thanks for the timely reply to my initial offer. I thought this site was a gentlemans site, but I guessed wrong. I sent a pm last night just after your initial post. No reply, no pm nothing.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

InsureGuy,

I have no dog in this fight but the add does say:

"Please E-mail me with any questions and thank you for your interest"

A PM is not an email. I usually accept both as communication but it's possible the OP may not be able to monitor TS.COM like he can his email for whatever reasons.

Just say'n.....................

10. art g

art g Member

0   0   0

InsureGuy: I agree that TS.com is a gentleman's sight so I will try and keep it that way in my response to you. First of all it seems to me that we could have handled this privately but that is your decision. Bottom-line is that your "I will take it" PM was contingent on me discounting the gun to $400 (see below) and the other party e-mailed an "I will take it" without any contingencies. Additionally, TS.com does not alert me by e-mail when I have received a PM like some other forums do (ie. Glocktalk.com) so it is very possible to inadvertently overlook TS.com PMs at times whereas e-mail correspondence comes up every time I log on to my PC. I would suggest in the future that if you absolutely want something posted for sale on TS.com you should e-mail (and PM at the same time) an absolute "I will take it" and not be so concerned with trying to save yourself $25. At the same time your interest in purchasing the Glock 19 I posted for sale on TS.com is honestly greatly appreciated and I regret any inconvenience caused.

Art Goddard artgsc@aol.com

Date: Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 12:16 AM ET
    Email:
    Art,
    400.00 plus $15 shipping and I will take it.
    Jason

11. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Well said Art. JW

12. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

wow! I love it when the good guys win.

13. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

I have no problem with what Art wrote. I got a lesson from this "almost transaction" with him. A p.m. is simply not good enough. An E-mail may have had the desired outcome.

As far as my initial offer, I have not sold a gun on this site without someone, anyone, offering an initial price something less than I was asking. It's simple human nature to want to bargain. I sent in an offer to Art through PM the prior evening. If he was monitoring his PM in the morning, he would have sent back a "NO" and I would have had the chance to either go away or just accept his price and speak up for the gun.

In this case, he opened his e-mail first and saw Gene's acceptance. Thus the gun was sold before I ever got my first reply. Lets get this straight, before anyone else chimes in. I was the VERY first to respond to Art's ad regarding the Glock. Art checked his e-mail something like 8 hours AFTER I sent my first offer. He accepted Gene's e-mail and then, and only then, did he send me a note that it was sold. Had Art simply checked his PM first, I could have simply accepted the price he was asking.

It's not sour grapes, but more a learning experience for me.

jason

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Takes a big man to say what you just said Jason. You didn't try and fault someone else instead accepted your end with dignity. You did sound a little sour in your first reponse but i think you cooled down and redeemed yourself. I'm impressed with how you both handled the situation. I hope i can handle the next pickle i get in with such class.

Matt

15. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

PM sent to Art re:Glock 30 for sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.