1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: Glock 17 9X19

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shooting Coach, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Glock 17, Gen II. Commercial Trigger. Factory upgrades, cleaned and inspected, new sights, two hi-cap mags. Very good condition, FFL-to-FFL only.

$419 shipped.

2. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Pic of right side.

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

If as stated, price is more than fair.

4. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

"It is what it is"! LOL

Firearm is exactly as stated. Everything checks out (it IS a Glock). Great guns, not many Gen II guns floating around any more. A lot of folks do not like the newer guns with finger grooves, rough finish, higher prices, etc.

As a long time Glock armorer, I completely disassembled arm, inspected and cleaned every piece, installed new sights, disassembled and cleaned mags.

This gun is ready to go.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

PM Sent

6. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

I've never seen a glock in a cardboard box! where is the nice plastic box? oz

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

These are great shooters, I carry one concealed all the time ... I have an inside paddle holster and a few shirts that are a little oversized and no body knows it there ... I also carry a S&W snubby .38 Special sometimes but it only holds 5 shots ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear OZ

This is a SPECIAL cardboard box, and should make the gun worth more. LOL

I got the gun as part of a large group dealer purchase from a LE distributor. Arm has a low round count, and checks out 100%. Despite coming from a LE distributor, gun has all features of a Commercial unit, mainly the 5.5 lb Commercial trigger.

As the group's (free) Glock Armorer, I get the pick of the litter. :^)

I already have SEVEN personal and training Glocks, so this one has to go to a new home. :^(

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Well it's nice you finally admit it's a police trade in, there are lots of them for sale cheap. But this one has been gone over by a long time Glock Armorer, a rather elite group for sure. Why did it need new plastic sights?

10. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Express

You sound like you have had a bad day.

Why not put fresh, crisp, new sights on a gun?

I think it is called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Google that if you are not familiar with the concept. :^)

$419 shipped IS cheap for one that has been cleaned and inspected.

11. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

BTW, a LE trade in is one of the best deals out there. They are seldom shot, and if in good condition on the outside, will last an Armed Citizen a lifetime.

Now a LE trade in car? NOT A GOOD DEAL.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Fine if that is what you believe, just state it in your first ad so that everyone knows what they are looking at.

13. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Sliver

Anyone who has been in the business for over 20 minutes knows these are great deals. Why would the gun coming from a LE distributor make it less valuable or desirable?

I am sure Lew Horton would disagree with you as well. LE gun or not, it is a great deal.

14. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Since the gun has no such markings, a Commercial trigger, and no excessive wear, I am not 100% sure it IS a former LE gun, and what difference would it make?

If I offered a NIB Browning BT-99 I had purchased from Lew Horton, should I mention I bought it from a LE distributor? Would it be worth less money?

Pics of the gun are there for you to see. If you can see Dept' markings on this gun, I will send it to you gratis, and pay the shipping.

OTOH, I DO have a G-23 with Dept' markings. I am sure this makes it shoot to the left. LOL

15. mulls427

mulls427 Member

0   0   0

John, You have private mail!!

16. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

I've seen several Glocks with over 60,000 rnds thru them, they are still worth $400. A Glock is probably the most liquid asset you can own. Much better than gold, cuz you can always get what you paid out of it,,,, Quickly. If you can't sell a Glock in one afternoon something is wrong with you. not the gun,

This is a good deal, because the guy who is selling it actually knows what he is talking about. If he said he took it completely apart and cleaned every single part,,,that took at least 1 hour and is worth and extra $75.

So he should be asking $475!

Most LE guns never even see 500 rnds thru them. I personally don't understand why this is, because it would seem prudent to be proeficient if you are going to carry a gun for a living. I live across the street from the Ventura County Sheriffs Armorer, and he can't get the guys to even come to the range and shoot once a month! The current excuse is, the County won't pay for the Ammo. I would think they would at least "Dryfire" a few times during the month. But NOooo! This attitude seems perfectly stupid to me, but then again they don't work for me!

The cheapest I have ever seen an LE Glock was $349 and that was 6 years ago from J&G sales in Prescott AZ. One mag, and no box, came in a USPS Flatrate box full of peanuts!

If you need a SD gun I'd jump on this one! It's right, and it's priced right.

Randy

17. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Ray

Thanks for the kind words. Having dealt with you several times, I would buy anything you offered sight unseen, with total confidence.

Randy is right about the Glock and about the typical Armed Professional.

BTW, this one is SOLD. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.