1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: early Broadway, spare Anton, & case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I was laid off from the local power plant earlier this year and nobody wants to hire older people - it seems that way. I have had no luck in finding a suitable replacement position. Anyway, I have a Browning Broadway that's worth a mortgage payment to me. Details:

1960 Browning Broadway Trap Lightning, s/n 861xx, 30" barrels, choked full and IM. Triggers are pull-pull, but can be easily converted to release-pull by inserting one part. I replaced the Jenkins pad with a Kick-eez. Comes with the original stock AND an Anton stock that I bought about six months ago for $275 from another ts.com-er. The stock specs are LTFK-Y. I also have a very nice Browning presentation case that I bought new not long ago.

This Broadway has a nice trigger shoe and there is no trigger creep at all. Right now the LOP is 14 1/8" (factory stock w/ kick-eez pad) or 13.5" (Anton stock with Pachmayer pad). The drops at the heel (original/Anton) are 1.75"/1.625" and the drops at the comb are 1.5"/1.69". For me, the patterns are about 70/30. The barrel constrictions (upper/lower) are .0416"/.0294".

This Broadway's barrels do need to be re-blued, and the factory stock needs refinishing. It still looks pretty good, though and mechanically, it's 100%. The bores of the barrels are perfect. The Browning website serial number reference indicates that this gun was made in 1960, definately not a salt gun! By the way, this is a very early Broadway; most Browning aficionados think that Broadways weren't available until 1961. There aren't too many Broadways of this vintage around.

Here's the deal: For the Browning Broadway, release trigger converter, spare Anton stock and the Browning presentation case I'm asking $1,400. I hate like hell to sell this gun, but as I said, it's worth a mortgage payment to me.

I'd like to try to sell the gun in-person, for a number of reasons: I want a potential buyer to see and try the gun first without having to send a check and dealing with FFL's, a major PITA here in Massachusetts. I also much prefer meeting the person who will buy this trap gun. If I were to send the gun out-of-state and if it were sent back, that's two sets of paperwork at $50 a whack. I'd save $100 if I don't have to transfer the gun out-of-state.

The gun is located in south-central Massachusetts, very near the Mass Pike/Route 495 interchange, and my gun club, Maspenock Rod and Gun is 1.5 miles from my house. I would be glad to send photos to any interested party. Please respond with PM or at the email address above. Thank you.

LA

2. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have a possible buyer for the Anton stock, and I told him that I'd give him first dibs if I sold the gun and the case first (if I don't sell the Broadway, I will want to keep the Anton stock). So if anyone would be interested in the Broadway and the case for $1,200, let me know and I'll send some photos. Or send me your phone number in a private message and I'll call you. Thanks.

LA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.