1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: early Broadway, spare Anton, & case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I was laid off from the local power plant earlier this year and nobody wants to hire older people - it seems that way. I have had no luck in finding a suitable replacement position. Anyway, I have a Browning Broadway that's worth a mortgage payment to me. Details:

1960 Browning Broadway Trap Lightning, s/n 861xx, 30" barrels, choked full and IM. Triggers are pull-pull, but can be easily converted to release-pull by inserting one part. I replaced the Jenkins pad with a Kick-eez. Comes with the original stock AND an Anton stock that I bought about six months ago for $275 from another ts.com-er. The stock specs are LTFK-Y. I also have a very nice Browning presentation case that I bought new not long ago.

This Broadway has a nice trigger shoe and there is no trigger creep at all. Right now the LOP is 14 1/8" (factory stock w/ kick-eez pad) or 13.5" (Anton stock with Pachmayer pad). The drops at the heel (original/Anton) are 1.75"/1.625" and the drops at the comb are 1.5"/1.69". For me, the patterns are about 70/30. The barrel constrictions (upper/lower) are .0416"/.0294".

This Broadway's barrels do need to be re-blued, and the factory stock needs refinishing. It still looks pretty good, though and mechanically, it's 100%. The bores of the barrels are perfect. The Browning website serial number reference indicates that this gun was made in 1960, definately not a salt gun! By the way, this is a very early Broadway; most Browning aficionados think that Broadways weren't available until 1961. There aren't too many Broadways of this vintage around.

Here's the deal: For the Browning Broadway, release trigger converter, spare Anton stock and the Browning presentation case I'm asking $1,400. I hate like hell to sell this gun, but as I said, it's worth a mortgage payment to me.

I'd like to try to sell the gun in-person, for a number of reasons: I want a potential buyer to see and try the gun first without having to send a check and dealing with FFL's, a major PITA here in Massachusetts. I also much prefer meeting the person who will buy this trap gun. If I were to send the gun out-of-state and if it were sent back, that's two sets of paperwork at $50 a whack. I'd save $100 if I don't have to transfer the gun out-of-state.

The gun is located in south-central Massachusetts, very near the Mass Pike/Route 495 interchange, and my gun club, Maspenock Rod and Gun is 1.5 miles from my house. I would be glad to send photos to any interested party. Please respond with PM or at the email address above. Thank you.

LA

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have a possible buyer for the Anton stock, and I told him that I'd give him first dibs if I sold the gun and the case first (if I don't sell the Broadway, I will want to keep the Anton stock). So if anyone would be interested in the Broadway and the case for $1,200, let me know and I'll send some photos. Or send me your phone number in a private message and I'll call you. Thanks.

LA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.