1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Dell D630 Laptop on site warranty t0 12/10/201

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Trapshooter, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I hate to rain on your parade. Laptops have a lower resale than desktops. I have always lost my shirt on selling a laptop. A desktop you can do some upgrades. Laptops are limited.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

You can buy a BRAND NEW Latitude E6400 with twice the memory, twice the drive space, better graphics, 3 year warranty, and a faster processor for $864 with free next day shipping. The E6400 is a "business class" machine. The D630 is at least a two year old model that is not manufactured anymore. I'd rather have a brand new one with better specs for the same money. A two year old machine is worth much less on the used business machine market. That's the reality. If you don't believe it, go to Dell and look for yourself.

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm glad to see that we have posters that pick the crap out of computers as well as our guns. My idea on this is, If you are interested to purchase the item listed, do so. If not keep your post out of it.

Have a nice day!!

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

GWII

If you have a problem with my post, here's some of my motivation. This is the second time I've seen RogerD selling the same type of Laptop on this forum. The first time, I didn't say anything. This now apparently seems to be a business for him, so he is now open for criticism. The product he is offering is a good product, but it is overpriced for the market, if you know anything about computers. It is Caveat Emptor, but if you pay $850 for an older used model, shame on you. Since RogerD is using eBay and Trapshooters to sell his wares, here's my beef. On eBay, he pays a fee and that is how they make money. On Trapshooters.com, if you are regularly selling items as a business, I feel you should pay for an ad and support the site. There are many people here that are using this site as a business and they need to help support the site. Paid ads and contributions help to pay for the site. It is only fair that if you profit from it, you should contribute something toward it. That would likely have been said the third time this would have been offered, but since you brought it up, here you are. If someone follows an ad and goes to a site and pays way too much, I have no concern with it. If it's offered here, it's open for comment. Like I said, I have no problem with the product, just the price. I won't post what a fair price is, but be advised that these units can be found for considerably less money elsewhere, since they have been discontinued and this is obviously a used unit. I don't know if RogerD has made a private contribution, but if he has profited from the use of this site, he should. If he continues to use the site for business or profit, consider a paid ad. I have no problem with the occasional shooting related item for sale or trade, but when it becomes a business, the seller should step up to the plate.

Just my "Not-So-Humble" opinion.

5. shooter99

0   0   0

Quack Shot, I just think people need to do their own research on purchases. If they like the product and want to buy so be it what ever price they pay. That is there problem if they pay too much not ours.

Just my "Not-So-Humble" opinion.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

"their" not "there"

Spellcheck works, but it won't fix "gramma"

Again, "Caveat Emptor"

My "Not-So-Humble" opinion. :)

7. shooter99

0   0   0

Thank you for the correction. I'm not as sharp as some of you. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.