1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Colt Detective Special

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hunter46spring, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter46spring

Hunter46spring TS Member

0   0   0

WTS Colt Detective Special .38 special, 2 inch Barrel, hammer shroud, third variation
    Ser#B55XXX I believe this makes it made in 1972. Blued with walnut furniture
    I would call this gun 90-95%. There is very little bluing wear on the cylinder. It is in excellent condition. This comes with an owb holster. Loacated in Hopkinton Ma Price: $550 + actual shipping to your FFl or FTF in Ma., No trades please.

[​IMG]

2. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

0   0   0

I think that gun is a second issue.

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Definitely a 1972 pistol.
    I'm also thinking it's a second issue. Didn't the third issues have an ejector shroud?
    From a Gun Collectors website:
    The Colt Detective Special morphed through four (4) variations (or series) in its almost seventy years;

1) First series Detective Specials were manufactured from 1927 to 1946, with square butt grip frames through 1933 and round butt grip frames thereafter.

2) Second variation Detective Special revolvers were manufactured from 1947 to 1972. Available calibers were .32 New Police, .38 New Police or .38 Special. Two or three inch barrels were available. Second variation grips were made of plastic from 1947 to 1954 and wood grips were used thereafter. Wrap-around wood grips were introduced in 1966.

3) Third variation Detective Specials were manufactured from 1973 to 1986 in .38 Special only. These third variation models introduced the full shrouded ejector rod.

4) Fourth variation Colt Detective Special revolvers were manufactured from 1993 to 1995.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

colt 38 police detective 2 inch barrel sale

colt detective for sale

colt detective special 3 barrel for sale

colt detective special for sale

coltdetectivespecial2inchbarrel38forsale