1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS BT100 LIKE NEW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Stogie:

Nice looking photo's hope someone out there will have to have it sounds resonable to me also I like the thumb hole ideal I used to see a lot of them in the old days on the model-12's and 870's.

Foghorn

Foggy

2. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

Great gun I have one just like it, anyone who has not tried a thumb hole stock will be amazed how comfortable they mount. Good luck with the sale I will let some friends who admire mine know this is availible.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Stogie im sure the lights made the photo's in the ist and the 8th I think photo look different since the wood really looks darker in the others.

Anyway was this stock a custom made one because by the grip cap it looks sort of like it was done by a professional like Anthon but really I think it might be another famous gunsmith because Anthon used to use rose wood I think to make the different color that they was famous for.

Anyway hope this gun finds a new home

Foghorn

4. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

Hi foghorn220, his stock locks just like mine so I would say the grip caps are standard on the stock, Browning did a custom line of these BT100, they made ones just like this one and mine as well as a version all in stainless with a little bit lighter wood. they are not often seen so i don't have any idea how many were actually produced. I really like mine, I wish I could add this one to my collection to let my son use.

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Nutnbutsmoke:

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me on the grip cap because I never seen it by a factory gun like Browning, anyway even if it was a custom stock done by someone like some of the great's out there then im sure it would enchance the value the same as a factory one would.

I still think that maybe Browning contracted the stocks out to one of the finner wood guy's out there by the looks of the grip cap if so then that would be a plus if I wanted to buy it because custom stocks are pretty expensive to buy.

Foggy

6. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

I beleive the thumbhole stock pictured is a factory stock. When Browning dumped the BT 100,s I bought 3 stainless thumbholes for $1000.00 each, and like a dummy I sold them all. Pretty gun I ever seem. Wonder what they would worth now???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.