1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS 1100 Timney metal release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I don't know the poster and have no knowledge of the condition of his trigger, but I can you that there will be no more Timney triggers made. Stu Wright sent me an email the other day telling me that all the trigger housings in the last batch that Allen Timney had made and which Stu purchased from him were poorly done. Allen was unaware of that due to his failing eyesight. Stu bought back all the assembled triggers that did not function properly and no longer sells Timney triggers as there are no more correctly-made housings with which to make them.

By the way, Allen Timney now resides in a nursing home and does not know his own name. What a shame for someone who had such a sharp, inventive mind.

Ed

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Ran200, I think you misunderstood Ed's post. He basicly said there will be no more timney steel triggers made and the reason why. He was not knocking your trigger.

Jim

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I'll take the trigger sent you a e mail.

Buddy Walters
    813-967-5900

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Given that both my 870 and 1100 trap guns have Timney steel releases in them, I hardly think they are inferior triggers. Sorry for being so ignorant.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.