1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTK: Value of Remington Model 31 Trapgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi,

I have a couple of "real" (meaning marked on receiver, original barrel with milled integral rib) Model 31 Remington TC trap guns. They are both a bit over 90% and are aesthetically nice and shoot well. Not show pieces, but very clean shooters. I have often been asked to sell one when I take it to the range. I am curious what the approximate value might be; I shot some trap in the early 90's, left the sport until this year, and the guns "rode" in the safe for most of these years. At the time I left trap, old pump guns like model 12's and model 31's were decling in value. Thanks for any advice.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

According to the new edition of Blue Book of Gun Values the gun should be worth in the area of $700. That being said it depends on the individual who is wanting to buy one. If they have been looking and can't find one that is as nice as yours and yours is all original; you might get a few hundred more. Test the waters. Look on Gunbroker.com and see what they are bringing. (That of course could be much different than what price is being listed). Many of these collector type guns are listed unrealistically, (pricewise) and don.t sell. If it's an original TC and in excellent shape; $900-$1000 is not out of line. Ed

3. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The value in a "real" Model 31 TC is obviously determined by condition. When combined with four matching serial numbers (receiver, trigger, barrel and on the face of the stock at the receiver), a 90% or better gun now fetches between $800.00 and $1000.00. Areas to be mindful of are forcing cone work, back boring, choke modification and porting as all of these usually reduce, not enhance, the value and price of any older "classic" shotgun.

I shot 31s exclusively from 1980 to 1992 and in those days a nice one could be had for from $600.00 to $695.00. With the devaluation of the dollar since those times, today's prices are still very reasonable for these old "gentlemen".

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.